Fixed EL Running Boards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cootersEL

Reaction score
Do you think there is a decent market for Fixed Running Boards? I'm thinking maybe some people switch between the powered and fixed (not sure why other than trouble with powered boards). I pulled them in the fall as we're planning to line-x the rockers, and it looks so much better without them I don't think they'll be going back on. Plus, I don't really have a good space to store them. So, do you think there is an okay market to sell them?

Thanks,

RedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if they work ok and , clearly, you price them right, I'd say there would be those and want the option. I have thought of removing mine and putting fix boards on... but i like the factory stuff = $$$$...lol

I wouldn't try and ask market because no one wants to pay that but if you really want to get rid of them...then price according.

I know I'm not telling you new information but just food for thought...

good luck!

RedExpy

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Do you think there is a decent market for Fixed Running Boards? I'm thinking maybe some people switch between the powered and fixed (not sure why other than trouble with powered boards). I pulled them in the fall as we're planning to line-x the rockers, and it looks so much better without them I don't think they'll be going back on. Plus, I don't really have a good space to store them. So, do you think there is an okay market to sell them?

Thanks,

What's your location? My drivers fixed board is rotting away behind the plastic and looking for a replacement at a reasonable price.

Also you have any pics with the boards removed?

OP
OP
C

cootersEL

Reaction score
I'll take some pictures of them this weekend. They no doubt could use some cleaning up, but they are still solid. I'm in Ann Arbor, MI

Boards are off an Eddie Bauer if that's any consequence, sounds like you just want the steels anyways.

Regards,

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Yeah I really only needs to steel but I would donate the plastic to a friend of mine that destroyed the plastic on his but refuses to give me the Steel.

Not really sure what the shipping cost would be on something like that but you're not really that far from me

OP
OP
C

cootersEL

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Attached are some pictures. I'm not sure what shipping these would be either, but I'm thinking $75 each is reasonable for selling price. $125 total if someone were to buy the pair of them. They certainly could use some cleaning up, but are still solid.

Thanks,

IMG_20170228_222413659.jpg

IMG_20170228_222406018.jpg

IMG_20170228_222235023.jpg

IMG_20170228_222218604.jpg

IMG_20170228_222200534.jpg

OP
OP
C

cootersEL

Reaction score
The RH one seems better for whatever reason. Less salt, or more rinsing on that side I guess! (This truck was in Southern Ohio until December of 2011, and then here in Ann Arbor since.) I think even those they are labeled RH and LH one can switch brackets to install either on either side.