FNG with 2005 EB 168K

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pilotbri

Reaction score
Howdee.

New guy here. This will be my 4th Ford, having a 97 Mustang, 98 Exploder, 2003 Exploder and now a 2005 EB Expy.

168K miles and I've got a few issues, nothing real major, but I have some questions.

Cruise control doesnt work, doesnt even power on. Any ideas?
Front blower motor takes a good whack to the dash to get it started, and fluctuates speed on all but HI. I suspect that the blower motor bearings are wonked. How hard to replace? Any instructions?
Seat cooler and heater dont seem to cool or heat my arse. I know Ive got a big arse, but I dont think thats the problem. I can hear a little fan come on under the seats when I switch them on.

Now, about fluids, tires and rims. With high miles, what is the recommended oil? Transmission fluid? Coolant?

Tires, I'd like to get something for a little offroad stuff and thats good in snow, 17" rims are stock, how about 20" rims with 285's? 2" lift/level?

How can I tell if I have the towing package? I have a 2" receiver, but I'm not sure about oil and transmission cooler.

And finally, anyone in the salt lake area that can recommend a good shop? The stealership is expensive for stuff, any place else I should look?

thats all for now, thanks

B

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome to the site...im sure ur answers will get answered once every gets on...

OP
OP
P

pilotbri

Reaction score
Thanks!

Knock one off the list. Replaced the blower motor this afternoon as it totally seized up this morning while I was out on a scenic drive.

Firestone wanted $255 parts and labor, $170 of that was the blower. I figured it couldnt be that too bad. $117 at oreilly's, (only one close that had it in stock) and about an hour time, including the trip to Oreilly's

sbar09

Reaction score
FORD FLUIDS ONLY!!!!! Seriously, if its an extra $10 a quart just do it. tranny is mercon SP or whatever 05 takes, pretty sure SP. Ford gold coolant, motorcraft 5W20 syn blend. Everyone has an opinion on oil, and please god not 30 threads of it. But Ford engineers have their opinion too. Iv stuck with it and its all good so far.

Your seats could be a bad TED (thermo-electric device) Manifold, or plenum.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
for the Cruise control and seats I would start by checking fuses USING A METER don't just look at the fuse and say it looks good Test them

Get yourself a Ford service manual that includes wiring prints

Contact me if interested in a manual

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeroday