Fob set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wyattwells

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to program the keyless entry remote to my 05 expedition? I did the test. Turn the key on and off 8 times and the doors locked and unlocked so I know the truck is setup for it. I plan to buy a remote but would like to program it myself to keep from having to pay to have it done. Anyone know how to do this?

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should be in the manual. But after the doors lock and unlock I think you have to push the lock button on all the remotes you want to use. They all have to be done within a certain time limit.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I did it with a key fob I ordered online with my truck. I can't remember how it all went but there are many how-to's on google. Don't pay out a dime to have it set up, took me five minutes and was really easy.

B

bedrck46

Read your owners manual The procedure is in there. You must program all of your FOB's at the same time otherwise if you decide to get another FOB at a later date then you will need to reprogram all of them again at the same time

Last edited by a moderator:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the programming section from the '05 owners's manual

Attachments

• Programming Key Fob - 05 Expedition Owners Manual.pdf
    36.1 KB · Views: 89