Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ0920

Reaction score
I've had to replace my fog lights already and the set that's on mine are already cracked and fogging over again. Was looking into other options and was wondering if anyone had looked into these Morimoto LED ones:
Morimoto XB LED Fog lights

I did some research, for different part numbers and seems like our fogs are the same part number for the ford ranger, which leads me to think these should fit without any issues. Haven't tried it yet, but wanted to pass this along to see what your thoughts are..

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are only 90 mm they will look small inside the ~115 mm opening. I almost purchased those but will probably just swap in some spyder projector replacement headlights. You can buy 3M clean light covers to protect the fogs (and heads) then swap in some XML2 LED fogs in any multitude of color from yellow to ricer blue.

The XML2s are pretty damn impressive and remember to aim your lights once installed.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
they will NOT fit. i actually have a set of those morimotos on my subaru.

i still have to see if i can fit the f150 fogs into my expedition. Those seem to be a closer size match

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
Those are only 90 mm they will look small inside the ~115 mm opening. I almost purchased those but will probably just swap in some spyder projector replacement headlights. You can buy 3M clean light covers to protect the fogs (and heads) then swap in some XML2 LED fogs in any multitude of color from yellow to ricer blue.

The XML2s are pretty damn impressive and remember to aim your lights once installed.

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize the difference in size. I presume they should still mount to the bracket, just be about .5" gap around them. I think the fogs are cracked due to the amount of heat in the housing with the fogs always on, so I'm not sure if those laminex light covers will actually help.

Those XML2 LEDs are EXPENSIVE! I would rather just run HIDs in them like I've done before for cheaper, however I will look into them more.

You mentioned the spyder headlights...are you talking about these:
Spyder® 444-FE07-LTDRL-BK - Ford Expedition 2007-2014 Black Projector Headlights with Light Tube DRL

I want to do a projector retrofit and want to do this:
2009-2014 F150 HID Xenon LED C-Style Switchback Bar Headlights F150CSTYLESB

But for the money, I may purchase those sypder lights for a temp replacement while doing the projector retrofit.

OP
OP
C

CJ0920

Reaction score
they will NOT fit. i actually have a set of those morimotos on my subaru.

i still have to see if i can fit the f150 fogs into my expedition. Those seem to be a closer size match

Seems like the F150s have a bunch more options than we do...

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't realize the difference in size. I presume they should still mount to the bracket, just be about .5" gap around them. I think the fogs are cracked due to the amount of heat in the housing with the fogs always on, so I'm not sure if those laminex light covers will actually help.

Those XML2 LEDs are EXPENSIVE! I would rather just run HIDs in them like I've done before for cheaper, however I will look into them more.

You mentioned the spyder headlights...are you talking about these:
Spyder® 444-FE07-LTDRL-BK - Ford Expedition 2007-2014 Black Projector Headlights with Light Tube DRL

I want to do a projector retrofit and want to do this:
2009-2014 F150 HID Xenon LED C-Style Switchback Bar Headlights F150CSTYLESB

But for the money, I may purchase those sypder lights for a temp replacement while doing the projector retrofit.

100 bucks shipped doesn't seem bad to me? :imo: