For Eddie Bauer Owners (Two-Tone Seats Leather Source)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I found my order receipt. Oct 28 2017, 26% discount, $872.75 after discount.

I like this idea. I've never heard of finding Katzkin that cheap. That would be a score!

I got mine for like 240 iirc. Sat a few years open box but otherwise unmolested.

Alas the color is pretty much LITERALLY petrified dog poo (allegedly "driftwood" iirc)... but it's fresh and clean and leathery. And has a pretty significant sublayer that re-stiffens tired seats.

Pros & cons both: it's a lot finer than the heavy municipal transport grade vinyl **** from the factory backs and sides, so it feels like you might have to be gentler on it....then again, I haven't messed it up yet

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I installed a replacement Seat Shop bottom cushion cover on an '08. As was said, I removed the seat, and did the work inside. It was not as easy as it looks, but anyone with mechanical skills can do the job. About an hour wrestling with it. You need hog rings and the pliers.

The SeatShop product is better than excellent. Flawless. They have a video on their site that compares their covers with cheaper "ebay" covers, and there are big differences. If you want OEM seats, these will look like the car was just built.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed a replacement Seat Shop bottom cushion cover on an '08. As was said, I removed the seat, and did the work inside. It was not as easy as it looks, but anyone with mechanical skills can do the job. About an hour wrestling with it. You need hog rings and the pliers.

The SeatShop product is better than excellent. Flawless. They have a video on their site that compares their covers with cheaper "ebay" covers, and there are big differences. If you want OEM seats, these will look like the car was just built.
I agree, you can do it if you work on your own car/truck and once you do it it will be easy on the next one and glad you did it yourself. Mainly don't get cheap little hog rings and cheap china pliers.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I agree, you can do it if you work on your own car/truck and once you do it it will be easy on the next one and glad you did it yourself. Mainly don't get cheap little hog rings and cheap china pliers.

Disagree

Dedicated hog ring pliers are almost entirely useless, all you need is regular sized hog rings and regular 90° needle nose pliers (aka the simplest most useful manual tool that you maybe never realized you regularly needed to make life non-miserable)

Or you can just get super-lazy and use zipties

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Disagree

Dedicated hog ring pliers are almost entirely useless, all you need is regular sized hog rings and regular 90° needle nose pliers (aka the simplest most useful manual tool that you maybe never realized you regularly needed to make life non-miserable)

Or you can just get super-lazy and use zipties
I totally disagree.:( been there-tried that

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Seat Shop sent a pack of hog rings. It was a struggle, but I used a set of pliers on mine. I only had to do 3 or 4 on the seat back at the base of the headrest, it's not a separate headrest.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Seat Shop sent a pack of hog rings. It was a struggle, but I used a set of pliers on mine. I only had to do 3 or 4 on the seat back at the base of the headrest, it's not a separate headrest.

That's pretty different

3rd gens have like 20 per seat iirc

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another reason to consider using The Seat Shop is the fact our truck seat backs have AIRBAGS installed in them. The airbag module is hidden inside the seat foam and explodes through the seat cover. This requires special "breakaway" stitching for the seat backs to make sure the airbags can deploy properly. I would be wary of using an aftermarket seat cover unless I knew it was fully compatible and safe to use with airbags. The Seat Shop specifically states they have both the knowledge and experience to handle the special stitching needed for seats with airbags.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Another reason to consider using The Seat Shop is the fact our truck seat backs have AIRBAGS installed in them. The airbag module is hidden inside the seat foam and explodes through the seat cover. This requires special "breakaway" stitching for the seat backs to make sure the airbags can deploy properly. I would be wary of using an aftermarket seat cover unless I knew it was fully compatible and safe to use with airbags. The Seat Shop specifically states they have both the knowledge and experience to handle the special stitching needed for seats with airbags.

Mine were made with the airbag stuff. Katzkin afaik.

Broncoholic

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20180603_091553.jpg Original

20180603_145139.jpg Both covers installed, bright sun lighting.

20200422_195711.jpg
After 2 years use, dusk light with flash. Not sure what the black smudge is in the corner, I'll have to look closer this weekend.

The hog rings are installed at the seam of the headrest. All the other edges have plastic clips that attach to the seat frame.