For people with grill lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just looking for pictures of 1st gen expys with grill lights (kc's/hellas behind grill). Anybody who's got them post them up.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hella 500FF. I mounted them horizontaly to the fiberglass reinforcment so that I would not block alot of air flow to the center of the radiator. I live in southern New Mexico and do alot of towing and I have never seen over 200 on the aftermarket temp gauge. It also makes it easier to re-aim the lights to catch the shoulder in deer country ( saved my front end twice on my last trip to San Antonio thru the hill country at 2am )

Attachments

• mms_picture3.jpg
    mms_picture3.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 288
  • mms_picture4.jpg
    mms_picture4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 343

01 Expo

Reaction score
Hella 500s with 100 watt bulbs on rack and in grill

Attachments

• DSCF0092.jpg
    DSCF0092.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCF0093.jpg
    DSCF0093.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 185
  • DSCF0094.jpg
    DSCF0094.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 185

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
look at my photo album. i have a few in there. theyre KC Daylighters 130 watt chrome.

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How easy is it to install the wiring for the hella 500 kit?

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How easy is it to install the wiring for the hella 500 kit?

Simple you only have to run 1 wire inside the cab the rest are under the hood. The wire that you run inside will conect to the switch ( where ever you put it ) and then you just need to tap power and ground for the switch.

The relay assembly under the hood gets hooked to the battery and ground, then you hook up the lights power wire and your done.

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Simple you only have to run 1 wire inside the cab the rest are under the hood. The wire that you run inside will conect to the switch ( where ever you put it ) and then you just need to tap power and ground for the switch.

The relay assembly under the hood gets hooked to the battery and ground, then you hook up the lights power wire and your done.

Thank you for your answer. What would be a good location to put the switch in? If I had a lot of time and skill, I would mount it in the overhead console in the garage door opener area.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer. What would be a good location to put the switch in? If I had a lot of time and skill, I would mount it in the overhead console in the garage door opener area.

I put mine in the center console just in front of the cup holders dead center. It makes it nice to have it in easy reach, but it can also get you in trouble because it is that much easier to hit when some one is on coming with their brights on.

2001Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put mine in the center console just in front of the cup holders dead center. It makes it nice to have it in easy reach, but it can also get you in trouble because it is that much easier to hit when some one is on coming with their brights on.

Yea, i know what you mean. I hate people who leave their brights on in an intersection and your right across from them.