For Sale: Like New Take Off Hankook Dynapro 285 45 R22 Tires Full Set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Last I checked this is the free country. This is an open forum. I get emails notifying with top postings. I can post a response, if I have a opinion. Maybe you can start your own, 4th Gen 'Fan boy only' forum. I responded to a post about tires. My Expedition came with bad, Firestone wilderness AT and were recalled. The were replaced for free(including the spare), with Goodyear RT/S. The two sets combined, technically lasted almost 85K. The Goodyears were 13/32" new and a 50K mile tire. Around 30K they were not great and 6/32" in spots.

Opinions are...”I don’t like this”, “I like that”. You put statements out like they are facts. Your statements are wrong. You assumed a tire that came on a 19 work Truck is the same tire that was being discussed here.

You also used “cheap tires” on the current model as justification “to not buy ford”. Yet your 20 year old Model OEM tires had to be replaced cause as you said they were “bad”. Your logic is SO flawed it is entertaining. You make this WAY too easy.

Also, for clarity, the Firestone Tires weren’t bad tires. Ford ignored Firestone’s recommendation on Tire Pressure and had them set from the factory and in the placard several PSI less than Firestone recommended. It made for a better ride, but led to premature failure, and MANY accidents. How do I know this you ask? Cause I had a 99 Ranger with them also. I ran correct pressure in them, got 48K out of them before I had them swapped at Firestone for free as part of the recall. Put on a set of Bridgestone Duelers AT’s. Actually started my love of the Dueler line of tires. The Wilderness AT’s were great tires. The Duelers were even better.

With that free Country and your ability to post your “Opinion”, comes my freedom to respond to your comment, correct your inconsistencies and incorrect information.

You have a pattern. You generally come in and make statements about things you have ZERO first hand experience with. I don’t go and make comments in the older gen areas, because I don’t know those models well. I don’t bad mouth them. That is pretty much all you do. You are welcome to keep making incorrect comments, and I will continue to correct them. You make this entertaining and fun! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Password

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Opinions are...”I don’t like this”, “I like that”. You put statements out like they are facts. Your statements are wrong. You assumed a tire that came on a 19 work Truck is the same tire that was being discussed here.

You also used “cheap tires” on the current model as justification “to not buy ford”. Yet your 20 year old Model OEM tires had to be replaced cause as you said they were “bad”. Your logic is SO flawed it is entertaining. You make this WAY too easy.

Also, for clarity, the Firestone Tires weren’t bad tires. Ford ignored Firestone’s recommendation on Tire Pressure and had them set from the factory and in the placard several PSI less than Firestone recommended. It made for a better ride, but led to premature failure, and MANY accidents. How do I know this you ask? Cause I had a 99 Ranger with them also. I ran correct pressure in them, got 48K out of them before I had them swapped at Firestone for free as part of the recall. Put on a set of Bridgestone Duelers AT’s. Actually started my love of the Dueler line of tires. The Wilderness AT’s were great tires. The Duelers were even better.

With that free Country and your ability to post your “Opinion”, comes my freedom to respond to your comment, correct your inconsistencies and incorrect information.

You have a pattern. You generally come in and make statements about things you have ZERO first hand experience with. I don’t go and make comments in the older gen areas, because I don’t know those models well. I don’t bad mouth them. That is pretty much all you do. You are welcome to keep making incorrect comments, and I will continue to correct them. You make this entertaining and fun! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
So uhh...more info on the recommended pressure from Firestone? What pressure did they recommend?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Ford and Firestone went back to the model T. Ford wanted a 'lighter' tire, so a belt was left out. Ford wanted 26psi, Firestone 30psi(both too low). Ford SUV's had the lowest MPG at the time because of this. The Explorer re-design was 2.5" wider and had a different suspension. So, both took the blame. Michelins come/came standard on all Lincolns, however.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ford and Firestone went back to the model T. Ford wanted a 'lighter' tire, so a belt was left out. Ford wanted 26psi, Firestone 30psi(both too low). Ford SUV's had the lowest MPG at the time because of this. The Explorer re-design was 2.5" wider and had a different suspension. So, both took the blame. Michelins come/came standard on all Lincolns, however.

See, Those were actual facts! Well done.

I ran around 34 in my Ranger if I remember correctly.

Great tire! No issues. I towed with it, off-roaded, many highway miles, and got me to work when it snowed.

Fact is, they would have had FAR less failures at 30+ vs 26. That was a ridiculously lower pressure than should have ever been considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So uhh...more info on the recommended pressure from Firestone? What pressure did they recommend?

My local Firestone actually recommended 34, so I ran that and they did well. That was before the Ranger was officially included in the recall. Later as I said above, I had them replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro