Ford Wheel Load Rating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crashkid1982

Reaction score
Hello,

I am eye’ing the used/take-off wheel market of F150’s in order to budget-friendly go from the stock MY2022 20” wheels to 18”. I am secretly hoping for the Tremor design wheels, but realistically I will more likely stumble over the base XLT/F150Sport or Limited ones…

Other than matching generation models, is there anything to look out for specific to load rating of the individual F150 wheels? Can one generally assume a wheel that is specified on an F150 can handle the GVW of an Expedition, and/or is the bottleneck the load rating of the tire anyways?

My vehicle has the HD tow package, and there will be recreational use of that in the mid-term future too. FWIW

Thanks.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello,

I am eye’ing the used/take-off wheel market of F150’s in order to budget-friendly go from the stock MY2022 20” wheels to 18”. I am secretly hoping for the Tremor design wheels, but realistically I will more likely stumble over the base XLT/F150Sport or Limited ones…

Other than matching generation models, is there anything to look out for specific to load rating of the individual F150 wheels? Can one generally assume a wheel that is specified on an F150 can handle the GVW of an Expedition, and/or is the bottleneck the load rating of the tire anyways?

My vehicle has the HD tow package, and there will be recreational use of that in the mid-term future too. FWIW

Thanks.

Yes. The difference in load rating is going to be somewhat small in each lug count category.