Tires for Towing Travel Trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ACJ990

Reaction score
You can check the load index chart for proper psi. My recollection was high 50s was the minimum for my 7k trailer, but I've always just gone straight to 65. I might try going a bit lower next time as they are firm. I think they need more air than what the door placard calls for when the vehicle is unladen. They aren't to be run at the lower pressures the C tires use.
Thanks, Jason!

Pawpaw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 80640

Ended up finding a set of black OEM 20’s on marketplace and fit E rated Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLTs to them. The difference between this setup and the 22” wheels + Hankook tires is night and day with regard to stability. Non towing, I’m at placard numbers for PSI. Towing, I bumped to 50 front and 60 back, cold. If anyone has better thoughts for PSI on these, let me know.

Really happy with this setup. Putting on Sumo Springs today and ordering the rear Hellwig this week.

Looks great with the new tires and wheels. Give us a report on the Sumo Springs and the Helwig later!!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire