ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Drove 200 miles today just to be able to try this. No luck getting the option to be available in the IPC (yet), but changing 726-49-01 did the magic. The checkmark is gone. I am unable to physically verify they are in fact off, because my truck doesn't have any headlights. But I consider that a good sign.

View attachment 22043

So are you saying you changed 726-49-01 from 0101 0101 01 to 0101 0101 00?
I can't tell from your picture. Is the 'Daytime Lights' still grayed out as in you can't select and unselect it?

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ExpeditionAndy my headlights are currently being converted from the base reflectors to custom-painted projectors with bi-xenon HIDs and a few other small tweaks. Thankfully I don't need my truck again until next month.

@ads245 According to my notes, I went the other way. I changed 726-49-01 from 0101 0101 00 to 0101 0101 01. That may have been a typo earlier suggesting it was the opposite. The option is still grayed out, but the checkmark is gone now.
I changed 726-49-02 as well, but it had no effect on the option in the IPC. I'm wondering if perhaps our trucks lack the ability to make it active just like we can't get the climate in the right screen.

As an additional note on things that don't work the same: I updated my MFT to v3.10, which is the latest (mine was 3.7), and installed the update file for the other startup animations. Changing the code in the IPC per the F-150 and Explorer spreadsheets didn't change the animation. It stayed the 'Ford' one regardless.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ExpeditionAndy my headlights are currently being converted from the base reflectors to custom-painted projectors with bi-xenon HIDs and a few other small tweaks. Thankfully I don't need my truck again until next month.

@ads245 According to my notes, I went the other way. I changed 726-49-01 from 0101 0101 00 to 0101 0101 01. That may have been a typo earlier suggesting it was the opposite. The option is still grayed out, but the checkmark is gone now.
I changed 726-49-02 as well, but it had no effect on the option in the IPC. I'm wondering if perhaps our trucks lack the ability to make it active just like we can't get the climate in the right screen.

As an additional note on things that don't work the same: I updated my MFT to v3.10, which is the latest (mine was 3.7), and installed the update file for the other startup animations. Changing the code in the IPC per the F-150 and Explorer spreadsheets didn't change the animation. It stayed the 'Ford' one regardless.

Ah very good. I have MFT v3.8 and was wanting to upgrade to v3.10. However, everything I found said that v3.10 was an update only available from the dealer. With my Mustang GT, I have it registered with my myFordOwner account and periodically (although not any more since Microsoft Sync is done with) Ford would release an update that I could download to a USB and install myself. However, v3.10 isn't available on myFordOwner to download and install myself on the Expedition. Did you have it done at the dealer?

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah very good. I have MFT v3.8 and was wanting to upgrade to v3.10. However, everything I found said that v3.10 was an update only available from the dealer. With my Mustang GT, I have it registered with my myFordOwner account and periodically (although not any more since Microsoft Sync is done with) Ford would release an update that I could download to a USB and install myself. However, v3.10 isn't available on myFordOwner to download and install myself on the Expedition. Did you have it done at the dealer?
No, the dealer won't touch MFT anymore. I found a link to a few different versions online, downloaded and compared them, and went with the latest one that was complete. It's not an 'official' version, and is pieced together from alternate sources. I tried it anyway, and it worked fine for me. Touchscreen seems more responsive and it is less laggy from my (brief) time with it.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay I remember that you talked about that before. Sorry I forgot.

What is the MFT? is that the Sync system with the 4 panes?

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No, the dealer won't touch MFT anymore. I found a link to a few different versions online, downloaded and compared them, and went with the latest one that was complete. It's not an 'official' version, and is pieced together from alternate sources. I tried it anyway, and it worked fine for me. Touchscreen seems more responsive and it is less laggy from my (brief) time with it.

Gotcha, would you happen to have the link you used?

And @ExpeditionAndy exactly it's the Sync version with the four panes. It's the predecessor to Sync 3 which is what you have in your 2016. Sync 3 is no longer powered by Microsoft.

AllBoostNoEco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://mega.nz/#!o8wkBThJ!tuT3IbfaIpwgl22KKaAUYpWQ5Sr-LdBwmZ4rCdzkxck

This is the version I used. If you do the update, ONLY unzip the main file. I found out the hard way if you touch any of the rest, the install will fail.
I didn't change anything in my APIM coding and got everything back the way it was. You do have to start over with things like your phone, but it seemed like it saved most of the settings I had before I switched. I spent all of five minutes with it though.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
https://mega.nz/#!o8wkBThJ!tuT3IbfaIpwgl22KKaAUYpWQ5Sr-LdBwmZ4rCdzkxck

This is the version I used. If you do the update, ONLY unzip the main file. I found out the hard way if you touch any of the rest, the install will fail.
I didn't change anything in my APIM coding and got everything back the way it was. You do have to start over with things like your phone, but it seemed like it saved most of the settings I had before I switched. I spent all of five minutes with it though.

Awesome, thanks!

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha, would you happen to have the link you used?

And @ExpeditionAndy exactly it's the Sync version with the four panes. It's the predecessor to Sync 3 which is what you have in your 2016. Sync 3 is no longer powered by Microsoft.
So you are saying that current version of the Sync3 that is in the 17 is not a Microsoft product? I don't recall ever seeing a Microsoft logo.

ads245

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So you are saying that current version of the Sync3 that is in the 17 is not a Microsoft product? I don't recall ever seeing a Microsoft logo.

Correct beginning in MY16, Ford severed it's ties with Microsoft. From 2016 and on, Ford now relies on Blackberry's QNX operating system. Ford simply couldn't get to where they wanted with Sync powered by Microsoft. That's why Sync 3 is much faster and has far less lag.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition