ForScan Tweaks - 2015+

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

old codger

Reaction score
Will most ford dealers make the changes to the bcm to eliminate fast flash on turn signals and set the DRL? If not, if anyone lives close to me would be willing to pay someone to do this programming. The price of getting a OBD module, a seperate laptop, and the possibility of having to pay to use forscan doesn't make for good economic sense for me if these are the only changes I need.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the dealer will do it for you but they will charge you for it. You will have to be very specific about what changes you want them to make and I would show them the line numbers to change and what to change them to so the dealer knows that you know what you are talking about. Their system may be different.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When it shows that rear auto screen, does it actually show a numerical temperature setting like it does for the front climate control? Right now I just have high and low and anything in between. I haven't looked on the rear control panel to see if there is an auto setting.

No...the right Temp scale does not show a number, it only shows a scale of getting warmer or colder. And there is no Auto button on the rear passenger control panel.

flexitis

Reaction score
On the flex I have rear manual controls while on the Lincoln MKT brother there is rear auto controls and the physical rear control in the 2nd row actually has the auto button so could be that the reason why its not working is because you don't have that physical rear auto button or could be because it lacks some additional hardware in the rear aux climate components or coukd simply be another FORScan change thats still unknown.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

wrc7732

Reaction score
Will most ford dealers make the changes to the bcm to eliminate fast flash on turn signals and set the DRL? If not, if anyone lives close to me would be willing to pay someone to do this programming. The price of getting a OBD module, a seperate laptop, and the possibility of having to pay to use forscan doesn't make for good economic sense for me if these are the only changes I need.

I just went through this same thought process. I gave up waiting for someone in my area to volunteer, and ordered the thingy from Amazon. I think it was $30. Downloaded the software, and was done in less than 30 mins from when my package showed up at the front door. The hardest part was figuring out where the license key had saved to, so I could copy it into the box to activate the programming functions of the software.

Much easier than I was expecting. And now I can mess with it whenever I want.

Just get on with it and it’ll be done before you know it. Thats my $.02 after hmmm’ing and ahhhh’ing over it for a few weeks.

[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

old codger

Reaction score
I seen on this thread where Andy saved settings from the modules before changing anything with forscan. How do you go about saving the settings from your vehicle BEFORE any changes, or after you make changes that accomplish what you are looking to change.

old codger

Reaction score
Went to local Ford dealer. They were not to forth coming as far as changes and basically stated the changes you guys are doing may not be possible even after I showed them the files to change. I hope you guys know what you are doing to your vehicles can not be done by their techs. Makes what you have accomplished a great feat. Ford should hire some of the people who post info on this site. Great Work everyone. I will do the work myself with a little help from here since it is not possible for their techs.

17LimitedExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I seen on this thread where Andy saved settings from the modules before changing anything with forscan. How do you go about saving the settings from your vehicle BEFORE any changes, or after you make changes that accomplish what you are looking to change.

Here’s a very good YouTube video showing you how to save your files.

After I make any changes, I save the file again (with a new name) so I always have a way to undo any changes I make.

I use a name protocol such as ‘APIM-Original’ and the ‘APIM-Mod with Climate Control Change.’

Easy for me to find the module that way.