Found out the hard way about my Expy's field of view...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spray the hell out of the switch, deoxit works best, but expensive $15.00 a can. I'd spray it well with some crc electrical cleaner. Your motor might be going out though. It's always something, ain't it! If you figure it is the switch, their available no problem though, real easy to change.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

DontBeJeff

Reaction score
I will say that the front end of these Expeditions are built like a tank. I hit a car in front of me getting blinded by the big ball of light one moring going about 15mph, and just got a few scratches I could buff out and a crack in the grill. Also a bent tow hook (or whatever it is called) but that was it. I do think I am just going to fix it all myself soon.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4wheel drives have that hook to pull it out of snow/ mud when stuck. Also good spot for tow truck driver to grab onto.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've driven 2 wheel drives off road, just can't get crazy like 4 wheel drive. My old Vw bug was a great mountain goat with the motor in the rear.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I like those tow hooks! So, they're actually good for pulling, not just for show?

Anyway, she's back! Not too bad for only $20, this will be fine until someday in the future when I have the money and the energy and the garage to really fix it- perhaps an aftermarket bumper like that one thread I was going through... this one.

IMG_20180827_1509086.jpg

Bain64

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, a new bumper is $300!

You know what's annoying? My drivers side window switch has decided that today it wants to require about 20 presses before it works, for some reason, and of course today I end up with a bee trying to get in the car...
The switch pack comes apart, and you can clean the individual contacts. I just did mine this weekend, I found instructions on an F150 forum. There is silicone that tries to prevent liquids from entering the switch pack, which makes spray cleaning more difficult without disassembly.

OP
OP
Prince_Polaris

Prince_Polaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The switch pack comes apart, and you can clean the individual contacts. I just did mine this weekend, I found instructions on an F150 forum. There is silicone that tries to prevent liquids from entering the switch pack, which makes spray cleaning more difficult without disassembly.

I can fix mine just like I fixed my mirror switch, then! Though, I'm tempted to buy a new one... not sure if I mentioned it or not but only two of the four are lit up, and that doesn't seem right to me.

Also, weirdly enough, it works fine if I push straight down on it, I don't know what kind of weird switch is in there that that fixes it, lol

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, if you don't mind a cheap made in China one, their $15.00 delivered, or $30.00 on up for a used Ford one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kapios