Front clip question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lamar804

Reaction score
Would I need to modify anything to convert my '99 EB front to a '97-'98 front end? Mainly the grille and bumper.

Thanks

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I think that the only modifications are a couple more holes. Not 100% sure though. Maybe someone else will chime in.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no 97-98 have the "fang" bumper and the grill is different.... I believe as long as you get the grill and bumper they should be able to swap over fairly easily.. I know many people have gone from 97-98 to 99..... but going backwards should be the same

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
I have the stock bumper from my truck, if you're interested.
It's in fantastic shape and I have all the mounting hardware, lights etc.

rburch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 97-98 grills are straight across the bottom therefore a the top of the bumper is straight.

99-03 grills are curved at the bottom witch makes them about 2in taller therefore the top of the bumper is relieved for it.

You can notice this in Walnuts sig

OP
OP
Lamar804

Lamar804

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the help. I know most people convert to the '99 from the '97-'98, but I really like the '97-'98 bumper/grille combo much better.

I have the stock bumper from my truck, if you're interested.
It's in fantastic shape and I have all the mounting hardware, lights etc.

Thanks tonydiv! Due to shipping cost I'm gonna check out my local jy this weekend and see what I can find before I take you up on that offer.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no the grill sucks. it goes inwards in the middle. look at tonydiv's sig. i HATE it. it pushes my KC back so it shoots upwards some bit. not a big deal just bugs me.