Grille Guard on ‘22 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
After over five decades of owning Ford trucks, we decided that age and lifestyle changes dictated moving to a full-size SUV. Hence the purchase of a pre-owned 2018 Expedition Max Platinum. The bottom line this is our first vehicle without a full front bumper. Scary! It’s not so much the nighttime driving encountering deer and ferial hogs but the misguided drivers in Texas's major metro areas that are worrisome. My quest for protection started with a push bar like those seen on LE vehicles. It was soon learned that, for some inexplicable reason, those are only available to Gov. agencies. That left brush guards but finding one that doesn’t interfere with the front sensors has also proved daunting. The wish list item is still not checked.
I have the Setina LE Pusher Bar on mine. No issues ordering and receiving it. I purchased it (according to my e-mail history in 2020) from Dana Safety Supply. It was a PB400 for the Expedition.

imjuststeven

Reaction score
Yours looks damn good. I saw Ranch Hand just updated their site to include model years '22 and '23 on the same part number as the earlier models. Hard to find any pictures online of guards on the refreshed front end, glad I stumbled on yours. Here's another one I found to add to the collection in case other people are looking. Looking forward to getting ours on.
to add to this, this expedition has the front sensors. so maybe it’s not an issue?

BigOleFordFan

Reaction score
Just a note of caution, but anything you add on to the vehicle that even slightly obscures any of the lights/turn signals ect could result in a HUGE ticket, if the cops are of the uber-butthead variety, like some of the ones where I live....

To wit, I had one pull me over & issued me a $250 ticket simply because my inspection sticker was partially peeling off..... of course I didn't argue with him but went to traffic court, and the judge threw it out & gave the officer a major butt reaming in front of everyone....I was ROTFLMAO outside, so much so that my wife had to cover my head with a jacket so I wouldn't get arrested for taunting/teasing the officer :)