front driver side window is ******* me off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that happened on my third gen. do you have a cable that brings the window up and down? mine has a cable that runs through a couple wheels and guides and was grimy. i cleaned/lubed it and its fine.

OP
OP
ZombieSoldier

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
that happened on my third gen. do you have a cable that brings the window up and down? mine has a cable that runs through a couple wheels and guides and was grimy. i cleaned/lubed it and its fine.

right? my f250 is like a speed demon up and down

dcarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine were the worst when it was wet out. Did anyone see if the second gens had the same style lift system

bhamilton

Reaction score
Same problem here on an '03. Also had the motor replaced a while back by the dealer. Worked for a while, then came back. Only when cold. Today it stopped 3/4 of the way up. I had to play with it a bit to get it up and even then I doubt it is completely sealed.

Would really like to find an answer to this problem.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think its the regulator. Mine does it worse when its cold but still does it all the time. When I get money, I'm going to get regulators for both front doors.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy windows are fine but my corolla windows are slow just like you guys are describing only driver side though. i really need to tear into it but it only does it sometimes

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Been researching this for a week now. It's #3 in the ford truck top 20 complaints. There's videos on how to replace the regualtors from start to finish. I see that some have good luck cleaning and lubing the rollers that the cables go around and this does make a lot of sense. There are no bearings, just shoulder screws.
Rockauto.com has pretty good prices on the regulators. I'll try Tausely Ford here in Minneapolis. They're priced at 10% over cost for Mustang forum members. I haven't seen them beat yet.

I took the door panel off and looked. I'm researching how to spray the rollers clean and relube them without taking the regulators al the way out. I'm thinking that a good mirror and a long controlable tube might just do it. I got the bottoms pretty well and it made a noticable difference going down. I would think that the tops will make a bigger difference when I get to them.