Fuel Induction Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dgouch

Reaction score
Hi. I have a 2011 Expy EL Ltd. with 72K miles. Both the Ford dealer (where I bought the car) and a different Quick Lane say it needs the "Fuel Induction Service," but I cannot find that in my Maintenance Manual or on FordOwner.com. Anyone know anything about this?

Also the same dealer says I need a tune up (plugs changed). The manual says do that at 105k. Dealer said my plugs might seize up if I don't do it. My last (2004) expy threw a plug and I had to buy an $8000 engine. Don't want to risk that again, but also don't want a $500 tune up if it's not time/necessary.

I know nothing about engines/service, so I appreciate any advice.

01yellerCobra

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Fuel Induction Service sounds like a scam. Throw a bottle of Sea Foam in the gas tank and call it good.

You don't have the two piece plugs that are known to break. They got rid of those in late 08. I'd change the plugs anyway. 72k is a lot on a set of plugs. 50k is about the most I go on a set of plugs.

OP
OP
dgouch

dgouch

Reaction score
The Fuel Induction Service sounds like a scam. Throw a bottle of Sea Foam in the gas tank and call it good.

You don't have the two piece plugs that are known to break. They got rid of those in late 08. I'd change the plugs anyway. 72k is a lot on a set of plugs. 50k is about the most I go on a set of plugs.
Cool. Thanks!

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You got screwed by that engine replacement if it just threw a spark plug unless it actually damaged the engine which is unlikely. They are known for spitting out spark plugs and they make multiple repair kits for it.

If you aren't noticing any performance problems I wouldn't mess with the injectors. If this is the same place as where you took your 04 I would stop going there. That sounds shady.

OP
OP
dgouch

dgouch

Reaction score
Different Ford dealer this time. The '04 was a disaster. Kept my car 3 weeks and kept charging me for "repairs." When they finally called to say it was fixed, we went down, cranked it up and the horrible noise in the engine was still there. That's when they said we needed to replace the engine. Not only did I have to buy the new engine, but still paid for all the interim "repairs" to it first. (And yes, I did fight with them over that one, but in the end, just needed my car back). :(

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did they say fuel induction or fuel injection service? The only real service I can think of is ultrasonic cleaning the injectors but your vehicle isn't old enough to need it especially if you aren't having performance problems.

OP
OP
dgouch

dgouch

Reaction score
Yeah, both places said induction. I'm pretty sure this isn't a Ford service/product and since no one here has said "Yeah you need that," think I'll pass! Thanks!

93prostar190

Reaction score
Fuel Induction service is becoming more common on newer cars ... like Audi with their TFSI engine .... the carbon build up is cleaned out and has become part of the "standard" maintenance offering of the TFSI engines out there ... our 5.4 L is not in the same classification so I am not sure you need it ...

I like the bottle of SeaFoam idea myself ....... Thanks.

E36Graduate

Reaction score
I've got an audi v8 with fsi and have had the carbon cleaning done ...I've also had all 3 generations of ford expeditions and Never heard of any induction/injection cleaning service????? Change your plugs yourself!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PaulMedik