Fuel mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
97 2wd 4.6, 13-14 city 18-20 highway.

I am showing 16 avg. with about 60% highway driving.

It's a big vehicle so I have no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
although this is a duplicate thread,

My 1997 Expy XLT has a 4.6 with the 4R70W and a 3.31LSD rear end. I average 15MPG and city I get about 11.5MPG and highway I get 20MPG. Take about 1 or 2 mpg off with the AC on and take about 3 off for winter fuel.

buzzcon

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is based off of the computer, so accuracy is a little suspect. I NEVER fill the tank because I never seem to have a spare $90 laying around. But when I first bought my Expy, the computer said I was getting just over 9 MPG. After new plugs, coils and air filter I am almost up to 12 MPG. I only drive about 5K mile per year so gas mileage isn't that important and being a bigger guy, I love the room and willing to trade MPG for comfort.

I see around 12 MPG is common so I will quit trying to improve it anymore.

Paul2003

Reaction score
This is based off of the computer, so accuracy is a little suspect. I NEVER fill the tank because I never seem to have a spare $90 laying around. But when I first bought my Expy, the computer said I was getting just over 9 MPG. After new plugs, coils and air filter I am almost up to 12 MPG. I only drive about 5K mile per year so gas mileage isn't that important and being a bigger guy, I love the room and willing to trade MPG for comfort.

I see around 12 MPG is common so I will quit trying to improve it anymore.

Can only dream of filling mine for $90. At $1.53/ litre I put $140 in mine last week. Cost 80 buck to fill my Taurus yesterday.