Fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have attached 3 prints These are for the 03 expedition But they are the same for the 04 expedition

In print 81-01 you will see fuse #1 (10A) AND CONNECTOR C270b PIN 6 this should be where the jumper from the cutoff switch was installed.

In print 24-09 you will see at the bottom of the contacts for the fuel pump relay connector C270k pin 3 the dark green/yellow wire That wire goes to the cutoff switch and was the wire that was cut

Now look at the top of the contact and you will see reference to page 24-03 Y

on page 24-03 you will see Y and it goes to fuse 34 (20A) it also goes to C270a

If you re-attach the wire at the cutoff switch and install a jumper from C270a pin 10 red wire to connector C270k the fuel pump should run and will be protected by fuse #34.

This will get the expy running until you can replace the fuse box or replace the relay.

I would be very careful about buying a used fuse box as that year and the 03 had the same problems A fuse box with a newer build date would be ok but not with a 02,03, or 04 build dates

Attachments

• 81-01.pdf
    23.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 24-09.pdf
    28.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 24-03.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 30

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Being the fuse wasn't blown and with having the fuel pump on that wiper circuit it may have cause the circuit board to open.

The wiper is a 10A circuit whereas the Fuel pump is a 20A circuit.

How many miles are on the expy? the fuel pump could have been on its last legs and caused an overload

OP
OP
D
Reaction score
I'm not gonna try jumping anything out just gonna wait til I get new or rebuilt fusebox and hook everything back the way it is supposed to be thank you for your help

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not gonna try jumping anything out just gonna wait til I get new or rebuilt fusebox and hook everything back the way it is supposed to be thank you for your help

That's the best thing to do
Also fuse #34 is a 15A fuse on the 04 It was a 20A fuse in the 03

Let the forum know of your results after you replace the fuse box