Future Expedition Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbovine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello there, I joined this site a while ago to do some research, and Ive been reading and reading a lot more lately as Im going to be purchasing a 2003 Expedition XLT in the spring. It will be a former police expedition from the police service I work for, we will be retiring it from Training(mode of transportation, no driving training) and before that is was a traffic truck, so as far as police vehicles go its had an easier work load. Its white with the faded to white cladding, Stock alloy spoked wheels, Vinyl floors, probably no center console and no folding 3rd row seats. Its milage will be probably 140K but I do know its maintenance history which is a big plus.

My intent is to clean it up and mod it here and there. Most of my mod money goes to my Mustang.

Ive been looking for info on painting the cladding which Ive found a few methods. Im not sure how well I can paint match the white, so I might have to leave it two tone.

I've been searching to see if anyone has added the 3rd row folding seat into an expi that didnt have one. Both a power and manual seat. Also I find it really hard to find a center console, and interior pannels as well. I think I can take the middle seat out in the back and Id love to put a navi console there as well.

Performance wise, Im thinking Ill do the gotts mod again (i did it on the 98 f150 I drive right now) and keep my eye out for a good used tuner. Id like to make it as efficient and functional as possible, leaving my car to be the impractical one.

If any one can point me to some info about the 3rd row seat addition or some pics of the navi console added etc. Id love to keep reading.

love the site.