Future Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevens520

Reaction score
I've been thinking the same thing. I have a 2000 XLT with the 5.4 that I picked up in 2006 with 52,000 miles on the clock and absolutely love the big beast, but she is getting old and will need to be replaced soon. Time and road salt have taken their toll on the old girl. But the numbers on that EcoBoost engine look pretty impressive, and it looks to be a bit lighter than the current 5.4. But what I really want to know is when are they going to offer a diesel option?

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an 05 with the 5.4. In a HEARTBEAT (not a Chevy pun), I would trade it in for the Ecoboost.

Mangina

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why not wait and try out the V6?

The only 'real' benefit of the old V8 is that it's been around forever and will likely be much more reliable.

The turbo 6 will be more powerful, faster, and get a mpg or 2 better. You might sacrifice some longevity though. Turbos, + I've read that fuel dilution in the oil has been an issue.

LocDoc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Found this a little bit ago, and nevermind about my question regarding the diesel being an option in the Expedition. This looks better! :happy107:
2016 Ford SVT Bronco Coming Soon

That article post from Fourwheeler.com was an April fools joke (posted on April 1st). Going by the comments, it fooled a good bit of people

The next-generation (fourth-generation) Expedition is due around 2017 for the 2018 model year, and will use an all-aluminium body with high-strength steel frame, just like the 2015 Ford F-150. Its also expected to take some of it's styling cues from the 2015 Ford F-150 as well...

Its expected to look similar to this preliminary concept rendering:
1d1df7318468267.png

Last edited:

Stevens520

Reaction score
That article post from Fourwheeler.com was an April fools joke (posted on April 1st). Going by the comments, it fooled a good bit of people

The next-generation (fourth-generation) Expedition is due around 2017 for the 2018 model year, and will use an all-aluminium body with high-strength steel frame, just like the 2015 Ford F-150. Its also expected to take some of it's styling cues from the 2015 Ford F-150 as well...

Its expected to look similar to this preliminary concept rendering:
1d1df7318468267.png

I figured that out a couple hours after I posted that; Somebody at Four Wheeler magazine deserves to be smacked with a canoe paddle for that one!:biggun: But the next generation design does look pretty sharp.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And the bronco is coming back in 2016

Holy Rollerz Christian Car Club (HRC3)

motorkas

Reaction score
OP - Truthfully it depends on what you want your Expy to do. I just picked up a '13 and if I had the choice with all things being equal, I would take the V-6 in a heartbeat. The only reason I went with the '13 and didn't wait for the '15 is because with the HD towing package, the '13 covers my towing needs, and since the '15's are just around the corner, they are HEAVILY discounting the '13's and '14's and Ford is running 0.0% financing out to 72 months. Between the discount and financing, if your a modder, that's instant mod budget (with some left over), if you're an investor, that's more money to work for you. I figure its going to take more than a couple of years to make up the dollar difference with the extra benefit in gas mileage from the discounts and financing. Just my .02 having just gone through what you're looking at :cheers: