FX4 Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Walk03XLT

Reaction score
We had a thread the last week in the 2nd Gen section about the Fx4 model Expy and the options it came with. I knew about most but never noticed the black headlight trim vs. the chrome. Looked at my expy the other day and lo and behold, I have one of each. Driver's side is the black. Pass is chrome. Owned the truck for over 3 years and never noticed. Who knows.

Problem is now it bugs the crap out of me. Was looking on ebay to dig up a replacement for the chrome one and came across these:

http://goo.gl/clH0l

Anybody have any experience with OEM Aftermarket replacements for just the standard housing? I've seen warnings about LED and Halo ebay lights and how cheap and ineffective they are. I just need the housing to be sealed and not suck. Not looking to do HID's or anything. Just put the silver stars I have into the new housing.

Any thoughts?

ZombieSoldier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Go for it. Before installing them take a tube of clear silicone sealant and run a small bead around the seam where the lense meets the black housing itself then take your fingers and run that bead into the gap completely. Let it setup for about 2-3 hours and then install them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Walk03XLT

Walk03XLT

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I'm thinking I'm gonna order some next week and check em out. I like the silicone advice. Good call.