Gas smell in cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pedition2000

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hmmmm..

Should I assume the dealer made sure no plugs have partially launched since they checked the coils??
Dealer checked them all and saw no issues. $1200 later the dealer wasn't sure and wanted to crack open the engine to diagnose some more, but he didn't have that kind of money.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if you were in Georgia or Alabama I'd say your gas smell is from Bubba not having the little yeller gas cap on the 5gal gas can and its spilled all over the floorboard or bed of the truck.....
You probably have more than one problem - I'd go after the fuel smell first.

(I know - people tell me I'm not right in the head)

$1200? What did the dealer do for that amount of change?

BTW - what is an ******? Never heard that one....

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

I know i am a a$$ and will admit it but what is your excuse and remember this

excuses only satisfy those that give them.

If you feel that you are free to post questions for your friend then i should be equally free to respond

my reply wasn't meant to be helpful it was meant to inform you that there is no need to post the same question in different locations as everyone on this forum can read all posts and it would also save you from having to jump from post to post to only make a comment that something appears dead in your opinion

and if your waiting for your friend to give you the codes you should have waited till you got them and then ask your question and have better information to provide for having the codes could possibly take the guesses out of the problem

OP
OP
Pedition2000

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know i am a a$$ and will admit it but what is your excuse and remember this

excuses only satisfy those that give them.

If you feel that you are free to post questions for your friend then i should be equally free to respond

my reply wasn't meant to be helpful it was meant to inform you that there is no need to post the same question in different locations as everyone on this forum can read all posts and it would also save you from having to jump from post to post to only make a comment that something appears dead in your opinion

and if your waiting for your friend to give you the codes you should have waited till you got them and then ask your question and have better information to provide for having the codes could possibly take the guesses out of the problem

Worthless.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pedition2000

Pedition2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if you were in Georgia or Alabama I'd say your gas smell is from Bubba not having the little yeller gas cap on the 5gal gas can and its spilled all over the floorboard or bed of the truck.....
You probably have more than one problem - I'd go after the fuel smell first.

(I know - people tell me I'm not right in the head)

$1200? What did the dealer do for that amount of change?

BTW - what is an ******? Never heard that one....

Gas pump and filter, then diagnosis check for leaks related to the smell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

bedrck46

You are the same ****** who commented on my other forum. Since your input to me is always less than helpful just keep your advice and opinions to my questions to yourself.

and as long as you continue to post like you do then I will continue to respond if you don't care for my opinions then I would suggest you don't respond to them

or is it that you don't like someone telling you the truth
if so I can understand that

B

bedrck46

would have been nice if you only asked this question once and also posted it in the F150 section

Oh also would have been nice if you would have waited till you had the codes that way you would have been able to provide much better and more intelligent information

It could be any of the ones you mentioned or even none of them The codes will help. And also being the pump filter and other items are new it could mean that someone didn't tighten something

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Look for broken manifold studs or broken studs that hold the cats to the manifold. That will cause a gas smell. I know from experience...

Sent from the Pocket Computer