Gave the Expedition a new look

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mmart

Reaction score
I don’t doubt it, being a Philly boy we always knew Jersey was it’s own little world. ;) All jokes aside though, I didn’t get my first vehicle (82 Tbird) until the mid 90’s. I remember being more interested in how it ran vs how it looked. Maybe it’s just a case of history repeating itself with the “black out revolution”. If we have this conversation again in 10 yrs it’ll probably be the revival of chrome. Or maybe the copper look will take off, who knows.

OP
OP
W

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
K7kzm0D.jpg

I too am dechroming, I'm either going to put in a set of Limited headlight housings, or go aftermarket with black instead of the chrome stuff. I'm also going to put a wrap on the door handles and the chrome trim piece on the rear, on the hatch. I may/may not try to tint the fog lights. Tinting the front door glass soon, too, other than that, it's all I want, visually.
I'm 43, and have always preferred a monochromatic look to my cars...just me ;)
Way head of you on that one. My sister recently sold her '07 Limited. She let me swap out all the black stuff I wanted before it sold.LaTrice2.jpg

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
K7kzm0D.jpg

I too am dechroming, I'm either going to put in a set of Limited headlight housings, or go aftermarket with black instead of the chrome stuff. I'm also going to put a wrap on the door handles and the chrome trim piece on the rear, on the hatch. I may/may not try to tint the fog lights. Tinting the front door glass soon, too, other than that, it's all I want, visually.
I'm 43, and have always preferred a monochromatic look to my cars...just me ;)
*cough*

ones i'm running feel very modern. they have black housing, and all sorts of variations ( smoked lens like mine, smoked side marker, amber side marker, clear lens with smoked marker and non ).

BB725A83-EB01-4B20-8BEA-243ED6801D50.jpeg

brhulen

Reaction score
Wish you guys were closer. I'd buy your chrome wheels, and I'm only 66...
NO!!! Don't let him buy them. I want to buy them and I'm only 71 and far more deserving! That being said, I also own a F350 KR and wish I could further dechrome it with a Platinum grill.

TDBDLB

Reaction score
Hey Mmart - 63 years young here. My Expi, HD F150, 49 F1, Streetglide Special, and Dyna Wideglide all black with just touch of chrome.

KJ Nelson

Reaction score
20210324_183125.jpg 20210324_183239.jpg

Blacked out my wheels but left the center caps, lugs and valve caps Chrome to break it up a bit. I feel like sometimes straight black is too plain. Now im starting to do my suspension parts black and bronze to match the two tone.. i just did my rear end all black with a bronze diff cover and bkack bolts... soory for the poor pictures... its been raining here all day.

Andy Rubalcaba

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What headlights are those? Are they a true projector? (they look sorta like they could be, but can't tell for sure ;) )
I got these on OfferUp but they are basically the same ones you'd get on Car ID, not sure what you mean by a true projector but they certainly work the same as projectors i've had on other cars. Only tricky part is finding suitable connectors for the DRL's, but once I figured that part it's basically all plug n play, projector takes H7 bulbs.

Mmart

Reaction score
Hey Mmart - 63 years young here. My Expi, HD F150, 49 F1, Streetglide Special, and Dyna Wideglide all black with just touch of chrome.

Key detail here is you still have a “touch” of chrome. I didn’t realize this post was going to take off or I would’ve been more detailed. I like chrome but I don’t like too much. Balance is good. Like my Expi has chrome wheels, door handles and the grill. I dont like all the excessive trim that I’ve seen on other trucks. Gotta have just the right mix, too much of either us simply..well too much.