Getting custom exhaust....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So fellas its time to get some pipes made for the expy for the front drive line im thinking about getting the rear cats removed as well any suggestions where it should exit, the shop wont do dumps :/

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have rear cats gone with a factory everything else, sweet sweet sound, just right for me :)

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does your state smog with cats removed? Can't do that here in California. Won't it trip the check engine light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No check engine light, still have the Pre-Cats in place, just passed Washington State emissions a couple months ago. Here they plug into the OBDII port, not sure if it'd pass a sniff test...

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here in California they check everywhere under and around vehicle. Anything that's not c.a.r.b. Approved, they will send you packing. We run on a dyno wheel smog machine here. Were the weenie state here. Everything for the environment. Oh well at least the smog levels are way better than I remember in the 70's.

Canadian Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ran aftermarket Magnaflow cats 1 pair I liked the sound.
Also ran the dual exhaust out the back.
It passes emission tests here.

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great info guys thank you, ya I live in king county in Washington and they do the testing but it would fail anyways caus it thinks its got a automatic trans my check engine is always on and I'm not sure if i should get mufflers like some little flow masters I want a deep tone aswell as my girlfriend already refuses to ride in it caus its to loud and to dirty since its just choped before the Y pipe but I think pipe away from the cab will help with the noise haha

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ah women! Like a wise man once said about marriage, do you want to be right? Or do you want to be happy? Ya can't be both!

OP
OP
TactialMonkey

TactialMonkey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well im going to Buckys to get a quote they refuse to take out the rear cats so I guess thats not happning then im going to go to Dans Brake and Muffler to get a quote from them too and I'm gonna be daily driving the Ex for a while my mom has my honda while shes looking for a new car so now theres just more motivation to continue on the build process