getting ready to pull the trigger on these

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those are some nice wheels/tires. No experience with either brand, but both are considered premium, I believe.

For brand new premium, brand-name wheel/tire package I would say that is a fair price.
I certainly like them and think they will look great on your truck.
I don't want to discourage you from purchasing them, but I have some information you might find helpful.

First off, at that price, have you considered other size wheels? Maybe 16s or 18s or 20s?
17s seem to be an oddball size and are usually pretty expensive.
It might cost the same to run an 18 or 20 wheel/tire combo and definitely less for a 16.

Secondly, I think you can do better if you are willing to give up buying name-brand and/or new. For example, I bought PepBoys' brand Definity Dakota ATs (which are made by Cooper) in 285/75/16 (33x11.5) for $500 mounted/balanced. They are just as good as a name-brand tire to me and were a lot less expensive.
Also, the other set of wheels/tires I use in the summer (22s) are lesser known brands, too. That set was a demo set at a shop (so not 'new'). Was supposed to cost over $3,000 but I got for less than 1/2 that.

I'm just saying that there are cheaper options if you are willing to make trade-offs.
I, for one, would probably not buy the package you presented, but I am a bargain hunter by nature and am only satisfied with my mods if I know I got a good deal and did it myself.

No matter what you choose, however, I am sure you will be happy in the end and we will all be jealous! Good luck to you!

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hmmm $500 for minewhat yas think, running mickey thompsons hell of a deal, and there only a few months old
Photo0066-1.jpg

Photo0064.jpg

Last edited:

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
nice makes your truck look all grown up.... how you like the mickey thompsom??? i was havin a hard time deciding when i got mine

dgray69

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well being that i was running bias tsl super swampers these are great, radials always make for a better ride than bias, havent gotten them in the mudd yet but going wendsday to tear up the power lines so i will see how they do, malnuts was down at house saterday, def looked better next to his truck

Spoon-Man

Full Access Members
Reaction score
dgray69,

Dig the rims, I used to have a set like those on my 88 bronco. Sounds like you got a hella good price.. LOOKS GOOOD!!!

OP
OP
G

grantikal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you all for the feedback and comments.
and thank you "Remo" for the bargain hunting tip. I may go that route if the nittos aren't available since the sales rep told me there was a factory back order.
I wanted to keep the same wheel size that the expy came with and reading the specs it said they were 17x7.5. most of the wheels I researched either came in 17" or bigger and i don't want to put 20's on this ride as I am using it for long trips and occasional off-roading. Well, I haven't got the bundle bc of the back order of tires but i was also made aware that the since the wheel is 17x8 i can only mount 285's and not the 295 i wanted. hasn't been confirmed but it was brought up. I think i will just get the wheels now and get the tires at a later time.

Those are some nice wheels/tires. No experience with either brand, but both are considered premium, I believe.

For brand new premium, brand-name wheel/tire package I would say that is a fair price.
I certainly like them and think they will look great on your truck.
I don't want to discourage you from purchasing them, but I have some information you might find helpful.

First off, at that price, have you considered other size wheels? Maybe 16s or 18s or 20s?
17s seem to be an oddball size and are usually pretty expensive.
It might cost the same to run an 18 or 20 wheel/tire combo and definitely less for a 16.

Secondly, I think you can do better if you are willing to give up buying name-brand and/or new. For example, I bought PepBoys' brand Definity Dakota ATs (which are made by Cooper) in 285/75/16 (33x11.5) for $500 mounted/balanced. They are just as good as a name-brand tire to me and were a lot less expensive.
Also, the other set of wheels/tires I use in the summer (22s) are lesser known brands, too. That set was a demo set at a shop (so not 'new'). Was supposed to cost over $3,000 but I got for less than 1/2 that.

I'm just saying that there are cheaper options if you are willing to make trade-offs.
I, for one, would probably not buy the package you presented, but I am a bargain hunter by nature and am only satisfied with my mods if I know I got a good deal and did it myself.

No matter what you choose, however, I am sure you will be happy in the end and we will all be jealous! Good luck to you!