gibson dual sport catback anyone have or seen this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rayt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
link the product? i don't think such a product exists? or can't seem to find it

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
link the product? i don't think such a product exists? or can't seem to find it

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gib-319903/overview/year/2008/make/ford/model/expedition

From the interweb searching it seems like its single inlet and dual outlet with the pipes routing together to near or the stock location. If this truly is the case then its a no brainer. But since the summit pic doesnt confirm this thats why Im asking. Dual pipes in the stock location is kinda badass.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any exhaust shop can put it on the same side...the prob is when u want them split to each side

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put the single pipe Gibson on my 2011 XLT. I had the dual pipe on the same side on my 2000 XLT. I have not looked lately but when I got the single pipe setup, there was not a dual made for my 2011. After getting under the truck myself and installing the single, it became very apparent that there is not nearly enough room to route a dual pipe system in my Expedition. Nor was there space to split and go down both sides of the truck.

Sound on my single system is OK but I wish I had the sound of the dual setup I had on the 2000. In normal driving these new transmissions also keep the sound down by shifting much earlier.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
any exhaust shop can put it on the same side...the prob is when u want them split to each side
Yeah I like the split dual exhaust idea. But Id also like the exaust to look and sound close to stock (decible level) which is why im a fan of the dual but same teeminal location. These 2 years with the expedition have been the only years since I started driving that I have had a stock exhaust and I LOVE the stealth and quite. But I wish the note was a little better. Thats why im wondering about the dual sport that summit seems to have. Oh and being a bolt on I can remove and replace if I feel like going back to stock which is a plus.
I put the single pipe Gibson on my 2011 XLT. I had the dual pipe on the same side on my 2000 XLT. I have not looked lately but when I got the single pipe setup, there was not a dual made for my 2011. After getting under the truck myself and installing the single, it became very apparent that there is not nearly enough room to route a dual pipe system in my Expedition. Nor was there space to split and go down both sides of the truck.

Sound on my single system is OK but I wish I had the sound of the dual setup I had on the 2000. In normal driving these new transmissions also keep the sound down by shifting much earlier.
Questions for ya! How much louder then stock is the system? And im assuming it really only added sound and nothing for power? Since most modern trucks are pretty efficient to begin with (my truck hauls for what it is). Id like a more aggressive sound but also don't want droning or loud exhaust as the cops around here are bored and love to notice things like that. Oh and of coures I dont want to lose low end...

Any videos or pics of it installed by chance?

Thanks yall!

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
there is not that much sound added to the system. 6K-watts is accurate any muffler shop will do the work. but if sound and performance is what you want research the manufacturers on the stats of the mufflers, sounds, and pricing....

svfetter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Gibson has much more sound than stock but it's not going to be like a mustang or something. Just a nice low tone. As far as performance, I chose Gibson because they are supposed to be tuned for towing. I don't think you can go by manufacturers claims but in any case it certainly will not hurt. I my case, I can pull a 5000 Lb boat + or - and still get 14 MPG. That is with the exhaust, CAI, and Tune. I don't think I would get quite that good stock. And I definately feel the difference in the seat of the pants.

AbelNavyvet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well the Manufactures post numbers such as horsepower gains and Torque gains the application on certain vehicles I don't think it varies much on the gains it could be +1 or even -2 horsepower or torque.
magnaflow and borla both post sound clips on the exhaust styles and so does Gibson. the kit that runs about 5-700+ dollars is not something I was looking for. I took pieces from here and there. Gibson ceramic coated headers, Magna Flow cat system, an aggressive Magna Flow Muffler that works for me.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got alot of thinking to do. I have grown quite accustom to a silent truck that or Im getting old otherwise Id have bought it already...