Got my build date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured it was going to be a whole new learning curve but I'm up for the challenge. :)
They do such a good job of making their tech intuitive. It’s surprising to me how quick it becomes second nature after a few days.

kilikkun

Reaction score
Got the build date for my Navigator and it’s the week of January 1,2018. Looks like Santa can’t squeeze down my chimney with it after all. I tried to upload the manual but it’s too big, I’ll try to trim it down and try again when I get behind my pc.
Congrats on getting your date! How did you get the info? Also when did you place your order? I placed mine July 15th but I haven't gotten much of an update from my dealer yet.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah I feel your pain! It was rough waiting on the ‘OK to buy’ to be given so customer orders would be built but at least now I have a date. I was able to read through the owners manual and hopefully by then weathertech will have their custom mats out for the 2018’s. This also gives me time to shop for a window tint place and ceramic coating and clear bra installer. Enjoy that phone, I’ve read mainly great stuff about it. I had to upgrade to the 7 before the 8 or X launched, my 6 had water damage so it couldn’t wait.

Come on guys, it's just a "thing". I do true vintage bike restorations using all original-restored parts or NOS and I've waited up to 3 Y-E-A-R-S for a part to arrive. I keep multiple projects going on so I'm never "waiting". I HATE waiting! I'll drop 6-8 hundred bucks on a selection of brass for a set of 3 carbs because I don't want to have to wait when I find that I need a different sized jet, needle or slide!!

jeff

Congrats on getting your date Artie....we're all looking forward to seeing you guys post after taking delivery! I'm wondering if I'm going to have to have a little chat with Loki, make a couple small changes to my obd2 and then go race one of the new ones!!

LOL

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on guys, it's just a "thing".
Are we talking the iPhone or the Expedition? Oh wait they are both things. Never mind! But are we talking Expedition or iPhone? :D Of course Amazon has spoiled all of us. We want that 2-day shipping on everything we order or buy these days.

When is Ford going to start 3D printing Expeditions right in the dealership? Order it and pick it up the next day hot off the printer. One to beam down... :cool::rolleyes:o_O

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your date! How did you get the info? Also when did you place your order? I placed mine July 15th but I haven't gotten much of an update from my dealer yet.
Over on http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums/ there is a section for vehicle tracking but you need your order number and the dealership code both which you can get from your salesman. I placed my order in mid August.

OP
OP
Artie

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are we talking the iPhone or the Expedition? Oh wait they are both things. Never mind! But are we talking Expedition or iPhone? :D Of course Amazon has spoiled all of us. We want that 2-day shipping on everything we order or buy these days.

When is Ford going to start 3D printing Expeditions right in the dealership? Order it and pick it up the next day hot off the printer. One to beam down... :cool::rolleyes:o_O
You’re so correct about Amazon... I’m almost ashamed of how often I have their boxes arrive out my house. If it wasn’t for Amazon we wouldn’t have had any boxes to pack in for our move.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You’re so correct about Amazon... I’m almost ashamed of how often I have their boxes arrive out my house. If it wasn’t for Amazon we wouldn’t have had any boxes to pack in for our move.
I hate to admit it but there is something from Amazon here at least a couple of times a week. :rolleyes:

1HeliCFI

Reaction score
Expedition Andy, Ceramic coating? What is that? I am waiting to see, touch, feel an 18 before buying a Max Expy. I have been waiting for this new model to replace my 154,000 mile 04 Expy.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expedition Andy, Ceramic coating? What is that? I am waiting to see, touch, feel an 18 before buying a Max Expy. I have been waiting for this new model to replace my 154,000 mile 04 Expy.
I looked back through this thread and I don't see where I said anything about ceramic coating, so I am a little confused. Okay I see that Artie mentioned ceramic coating on the first page. If I'm not mistaken, there is a 3M (I think) film product they apply to the leading edges of the vehicle to help resist stone chips. It's a little like a vinyl wrap in that can follow the shape and contour of the vehicle. I believe they also make a product that you can put over the headlight lenses to protect them as well.

kilikkun

Reaction score
I used the Chat on Lincoln website to get an update and they told me my vehicle is in transit. So I called my dealer to get an update (my salesman hasn't been returning emails, but I found out on the call he had surgery), and they confirmed it is in transit and expected delivery date is 11/23-11/26!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AustinTillery