Gotts Mod and flowmaster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry12

Reaction score
I've been looking at Gibsons exhaust for mine. Along with Magnaflow there are not many cat back systems available unless just changing the muffler like you did.

OP
OP
J

jonesn51404

Reaction score
Yea and unless your upgrading to stainless a cat back at this point for me wasn't worth the cost. Muffler shop I went to said it wouldn't be worth it to go dual exit and there wasn't enough room for true duals

2012 EL XLT 4x4
Flowmaster 40 series and gotta mod

bd1980

Reaction score
I just did the 11 F150 snorkel and new motorcraft filter. Can't really tell too much sound difference but it is running a little smoother, maybe a bit more pep. Of course the old filter I pulled out of there wasn't in the best shape so who knows. For six bucks it's worth it just to know that tiny stock one isn't on there. I'm not a fan of wet element filters (i.e. K&N) so this is all the farther I plan on going with the intake side of the engine. My opinion is that on a stock engine, your not going to see barely any difference, if any at all, and just get worse filtration.

Last edited:

parrotplayswing

Reaction score
What brand id the 40 series muffler?

I recently purchased the snorkel and KN filter for my 07 EXP. Now I need a muffler. Whats the 40 series muffler u guys are talking about. Brand, where to purchase it! tks

OP
OP
J

jonesn51404

Reaction score
It's a flowmaster most auto parts/ muffler shops carry them. I'll get a video sometime tonight

2012 EL XLT 4x4
Flowmaster 40 series and gotta mod

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there really any difference between doing the Gotts mod and K&N drop in filter compared to a K&N CAI? I have a 12 EL and have done both and seen no noticeable difference except for sound. I am not impressed with the fit and finish of the K&N CAI so I am just running the Gotts setup listed above. Most interested in a little MPG improvement. Any thoughts?

The only real difference is sound and a light wallet. The stock intake (especially with the 2011 f150 snorkel) flows more then enough for the 5.4, add in a higher flow dry flow like airaid and youll be pulling well over what the 5.4 will ever need. As for sound I think there might be a very slight difference but honestly there really isnt difference.

Id be interested in hearing what a muffler only sounds liek on the expedition as Im very interested in an exhaust system, but Im also very partial to a quiet truck after the last 2 jeeps have loud exhausts and sportscars before that didnt have cats or mufflers so being able to start the truck up at 3am and nnot waking the neighbors is wonderful.