Grille Guards and Replacing Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CookieMan12

Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a grille guard for my new (to me) Expedition. Do you have to remove them to change a headlight bulb, though? That would suck!

OP
OP
CookieMan12

CookieMan12

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Aries. Anyone have it and can tell me if it has to be removed to change headlight bulbs?

rex450se

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not to be an a$$hole but it would be beneficial to you if you at least posted the year of your truck or exact model you are looking at. It would be even better if you posted a picture of the exact one you are looking at. You won't get many responses when you are asking guys to search around and hope they are looking at the right one. I searched and found models for both 1st, 2nd and 3rd gen Expy's. It's kind of hard to get an honest answer since we don't know what model your looking at or what model you have. So with the info I have I'm going to say, maybe. The one I had on a Dodge Dakota years ago had the sides in front of the lights that were removable, but I've seen some that aren't. We're here to help, but we need as much info as possible. Most guys won't take the time to hunt around when you don't give enough info.

Victor

BigJuicy02

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have one on my 99 and the section in front of the headlights comes off separate by taking out 4 bolts. But since it was on the truck when I got it and there are no labels, I have no idea who makes it. Not much help I know but I can say for sure that they exist.

OP
OP
CookieMan12

CookieMan12

Reaction score
I have a 2011 XLT. I'm looking at the Aries 3060. It states that the headlight covers are removable, but it also calls it a one-piece grille guard. Some pictures I've seen lead me to believe that it might just be the headlight grills that are removable, but not the frames. I want to make sure I get one with truly removable headlight covers.