Hardwired a radar detector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have mine just below the window tint in front of the passenger visor. I keep the visor down so it's very hard to see from the side, impossible from behind.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
Thanks, Mike, I run with the visor down on most cars as it focuses me on the road, not the sky. With VA and DC being the only areas where these are not legal I don't see the stealth versions I used to see which had remote receivers and the display below the window line.

-- Chuck

old codger

Reaction score
I installed a gps on windshield below the mirror with the radar detector/jammer under that. From the outside it looks like one unit. Rocky Mountain radar detectors used to make jammers and even paid for any speeding tickets. I have the extra gps because it shows things the ford gps doesn't have and includes new maps and live traffic at no cost. The Rocky Mountain units work for all radar including lidar, but aren't cheap

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
I'm running one of my Garmins on top of the dash and when it doesn't agree with Sync 3 navigation I ignore Sync 3. Garmin maps are updated several times a year. My 2017 Expedition has 2015 maps from what I can see and no obvious way for undated maps.

-- Chuck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1