Has anybody painted/plastidip the Eddie Bauer external trim?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funstuie

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am liking my Expy more and more. It's white/gold(?) eddie bauer edition and some of the external trim has faded. The side step and rear hatch step are really bad.

I don't really want to repaint them gray/gold to match the side trim. I was thinking of doing them in black (to match the side mirrors). Wanted to see if anyone else had painted theirs and has tips on doing so?

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not on my Expedition, but I've painted trim on other vehicles.

It's all in the prep. Clean it really good. An adhesion promoter would be a good idea as well.

TonyM

Reaction score
If it's textured plastic trim (I don't know what the EBs have) and you want to go with black you should look into Gatorback Coatings https://gatorbackcoatings.com I used it on 2 Avalanches in the past and put it on my '05 Expedition this past November. Great stuff! As mentioned earlier prep is REALLY important. I don't think it works on smooth or non-textured trim, however.

rcanfiel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do not use the link above, getting certificate has been revoked warning

TonyM

Reaction score
the Gatorback link is good and functioning. I tried it using 3 devices and 2 different browsers.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll take that as a no then.

Black wouldnt work all that well imho...i seriously considered it

I got plastidip on a lower front bumper cover i replaced but didnt feel like paying to paint...adheres ok matches pretty well BUT picks up diesel particulates / road grime way differently than rest of car and cant be waxed or spray detailed....pita to keep from looking nasty..

Ill get mine painted properly one of these days

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Also playing around with idea of using white CF vinyl wrap...got two test pieces on the front to see how itll hold up, will decide later to go with it or chuck it...

So far, it too picks up more grime but CAN be spray detailed / cleaned with microfiber

Downside: ROYAL pita to apply to irregular shapes

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FukNshT