Headlight Problem - No Low Beam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eques.FL

Reaction score
We sold our 02' EB Expedition to my father, and fter it sat for a couple weeks the low beams stopped working. The high beams, parking, and fog lights all work. We checked the fuses, after seeing that each beam had it's own fuse. He's checked relays, and the switch seems to work. I have not replaced the bulbs, seemed not likely both would go out at the exact same time.

What could this be?

Thanks!

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 97-02 Expeditions use 9007 bulbs--which have dual filaments for lo/hi beams. It is possible that just the low beam filament is burnt out. I had the opposite problem on my last set of lights--just the hi beams went out on one bulb. Of course, it is unlikely that both went out at the same time. But then again, its possible that the both went out, but at separate times (should always replace in pairs, by the way). It seems many people drive with only one headlight and don't realize one is burnt out...(especially if you have foglights, too) I'd pull out the bulbs and take a look at the filaments. A pair of 9007 bulbs should only be about $10 to replace, too. Hope this helps. Other than that, I don't know what to tell you if you have already checked the switch, fuse, relay, wiring, etc...