Headlight removal ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Help an old guy out,How does one gain access to the headlights to clean them,there very dull now as I have never had to remove one for replacing or cleaning.What do you all use,Compound,car polish?Unit is 2000 mod. Expy.Thanks,Paul

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fine sandpaper, sand away the discolored layer then finish with the finest grit you have. Then apply clear acrylic.

OP
OP
A

aka rotten

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK Thanks,Can you tell me how to gain access to the headlights themselves ? I,m in wheelchair and is this possible for me or do I need another fella with me.When I was younger headlamp were much simpler to get to it seems,but I,d like to give it a try.thanks,Paul

tcwaltz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are two black retainers that you will pull up. Once up you can pull the headlight out, unplug the bulb and work on the light. Honestly, it will likely be easier to buy now lights. I got a set for pretty cheap and they are much nicer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX