Headlight Retrofit Part 2. This time with Halo/Demon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had 5000k 35 watt and they were pretty darn blue, went with a 55w ballast on the same bulb and they're like night and day, white as white can be! Just make sure those housings are rated for HID's

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 5000k 35 watt and they were pretty darn blue, went with a 55w ballast on the same bulb and they're like night and day, white as white can be! Just make sure those housings are rated for HID's
Hmmm. A 55W ballast on them? No issues with reliability/durability?
I'll look more at the 4000K end of things.
I've seen these housings sold with HID options, so I'm guessing they're "rated".

Mediamonkey11

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok cool, and I did reading and no one had ever complained of reliability issues with running 55w ballasts on 35w bulbs. Truthfully, when buying them separate I never really remember wattage designations on bulbs, at least when I was buying them from www.thretrofitsource.com, which was my source for my projector and bulb retrofit, I bought the ballasts form amazon.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
5000k is close to factory lighting so it shouldnt have appeared that blue...6000k yes...i have 85w system in mine...6000k and they look white

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Those Anzo replacements I showed above use H7s for the lows and H1s for the highs. H7s seem to be available as HID replacements in a lot of places, so that isn't a problem.
H7 5000K 35 or 55W for the Lows
H1 "super white" 75W halogens for Highs
Relay kit to keep Lows on with Highs

But I see that they make 3000K (yellow) H10 HID kits. Maybe an upgrade for the stock Fog lights. Hmmmmmm.
<edit> After some reading, I'll pass on the 3000K HID fogs. Maybe the Nokya NOK7626 H10 bulbs. I like the yellow projector idea though.

What about the CANBUS "decoders" I see listed. Do our Expeditions need these?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tan Khai Nguyen