High and low headlights at same time? (Not Bambi Mode)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if your still looking for help with this...

The short answer to your question is no (The original light fixtures were single bulbs with a high and low filament).

Attached is the forscan spreadsheet for the F150 of similar years and there coding may be compatible (try at your own risk, remember to save your factory as-built file as a separate file from your modified file) for what you want to do. Potential fix may be possible and would involve making sure DRLs are turned on with forscan and that your aftermarket headlights are wired to take advantage of DRLs with the low beams. This idea is not guaranteed to work though, try at your own risk.

Review lines 28-31 of the BCM tab for potential code modifications.

I have a 2013 Expy. I need to somehow activate the instrument cluster lights during daytime without the headlights or parking lights on. Is this something FORScan can do? Can I do this myself with aftermarket software? I have a laptop with WIN10 and an Android tablet. Also can FORScan do cylinder power balance check?

OP
OP

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
I have a 2013 Expy. I need to somehow activate the instrument cluster lights during daytime without the headlights or parking lights on. Is this something FORScan can do? Can I do this myself with aftermarket software? I have a laptop with WIN10 and an Android tablet. Also can FORScan do cylinder power balance check?
There should be a vertical dial to the left of the steering wheel and almost behind it, on the vertical panel, that controls the brightness of the dash lights, including turning them on or off. If you turn it "up" they should turn on and you can control the brightness. If that dial doesn't work check the fuse and if that is good you probably have a wiring issue or blown lights.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There should be a vertical dial to the left of the steering wheel and almost behind it, on the vertical panel, that controls the brightness of the dash lights, including turning them on or off. If you turn it "up" they should turn on and you can control the brightness. If that dial doesn't work check the fuse and if that is good you probably have a wiring issue or blown lights.
That dial does everything one might expect it to do, but it does not illuminate the cluster unless the headlamps or parking lights are turned on. The owners manual suggests the same. Do yours work differently?

1710039531683.png