High and low headlights at same time? (Not Bambi Mode)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
I have aftermarket headlight assemblies so my bulbs are separate (H7 low, H1 high), is there a setting that lets you run both bulbs at once? Not Bambi Mode, of course. The only issue is that I have a 2013 Expedition Limited so I'll have to do some testing, but if the code exists at all for later models I can at least hold some hope. The reason I would like to make this change is because I have HIDs for the lows and don't want to flick them on and off for traffic when using brights.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure if your still looking for help with this...

The short answer to your question is no (The original light fixtures were single bulbs with a high and low filament).

Attached is the forscan spreadsheet for the F150 of similar years and there coding may be compatible (try at your own risk, remember to save your factory as-built file as a separate file from your modified file) for what you want to do. Potential fix may be possible and would involve making sure DRLs are turned on with forscan and that your aftermarket headlights are wired to take advantage of DRLs with the low beams. This idea is not guaranteed to work though, try at your own risk.

Review lines 28-31 of the BCM tab for potential code modifications.

Lancia82

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1997 expy. and have fitted aftermarket front lights with led bulbs ,which works great , my spotlights come on as they should on low beam ,but i live in the country with alot of Deer & ELK, and would like my spots to work on High Beam can anyone tell me how to do this , thanks

OP
OP

2013Tuxedo

Reaction score
Hi, I have a 1997 expy. and have fitted aftermarket front lights with led bulbs ,which works great , my spotlights come on as they should on low beam ,but i live in the country with alot of Deer & ELK, and would like my spots to work on High Beam can anyone tell me how to do this , thanks

What are "spotlights"? Do you mean fog lights?