Headlight Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sorry to update an older thread but I have some questions regarding headlights and fogs. I posted a question in the Stereo and Electronics section about my switch concerns.

Tallsville, How are you able to run hids and highs "3rd is hids and highs"? Can you specify your setup? I am looking into installing HIDs and Fog lights neither are OEM. My main issue is that I still need my high beams for the deer that travel the roads here in PA and haven't seen too may bi-xenon setups that were that bright.

I want to get it right the first time and your setup looks great.
Thanks,

I installed clear headlamps from an F150 Heritage and installed 55W bi-xenon HIDs. A little more money but I get to keep my high beams

ad993c9a.jpg

Last edited:

97_edition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed clear headlamps from an F150 Heritage and installed 55W bi-xenon HIDs. A little more money but I get to keep my high beams

ad993c9a.jpg

Cool, I was wondering if factory headlights would have any issues with the bi-xenon headlights. I'm not sure why this would be an issue anyways, Heat? or because they "tilt" or move in/out.)

Thanks for the reply.

z168

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Cool, I was wondering if factory headlights would have any issues with the bi-xenon headlights. I'm not sure why this would be an issue anyways, Heat? or because they "tilt" or move in/out.)

Thanks for the reply.

glare is the main problem. installing HID kits on non-projector housing is almost always a no-no. and sad to say, our headlamps dont have the reflector bowl tilt down option. the proper way would be to install projectors in the lamps, but I dont feel comfortable hacking up a perfectly good set of clear oem headlamps

There is no compromise to the headlamps. The bi-xenons work perfectly since I installed them back in Dec09. And Ive been driving with it ON almost everyday since I go home at night - no issues.

good luck with your project. and please update with pics

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sorry its been awhile since i've been on. my expy is 03 so it has seperate high and low beams the hids were direct replacement of halogen low beams. put the ballast of the vertical beam behind headlight. next step is to replace the fog lights. as far as the aiming of the lights i've had a few high beams flashed at me but the is usually at an intersection were the crossroad has a high crown. hope this helps sorry for the long delay in answering.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmdunham2