heated mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPG2013

Reaction score
My 99 EB doesn't have heated mirrors. Anyone know if they are already wired for heated mirrors, and only need to make an upgrade to heated?

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you have a test light you can compare the wires coming out of the door connection to the wires going to the mirror. with the key on engine off if you have an extra wire you can probe it with a test light and press the rear defrost button, if the light comes on/goes off when you turn on/off the rear defrost, then you have prewiring for the mirror. source: 2003 taurus I had had the wires

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have attached the connector pin layout for the passenger side mirror's
You will need to remove the door panel to check the connector
One is with memory mirror's
One is with out memory mirror's

Attachments

• C607 W-Memory.gif
    C607 W-Memory.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 27
  • C607 WO-M.gif
    C607 WO-M.gif
    10.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
OP
OP
WPG2013

WPG2013

Reaction score
I have attached the connector pin layout for the passenger side mirror's
You will need to remove the door panel to check the connector
One is with memory mirror's
One is with out memory mirror's

Thanks! Had a line on Navi mirrors a while back that fell through. Started looking on ebay, to see what I could find. I'll pull the panel this weekend.

medhawk020

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Eddie Bauer with 2001 side mirrors with turn signal and heat. Can some one help me with the wiring so I can get it all hooked up and working.

Thank you

StarWatcher

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Eddie Bauer with 2001 side mirrors with turn signal and heat. Can some one help me with the wiring so I can get it all hooked up and working.

Thank you

Did the heated mirrors work? I am thinking of doing the same with my 2000 XLT.

Thanks.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I went through this same issue helping a friend replace a mirror on his 98. Problem is the wiring on a non heated vs heated was a big difference in wires. It can be done, buts it's not plug and play. The non heated plugs don't have the extra wires supplied to the plug, so you have add the appropriate wires going all the way back. Unless your real good with wiring, I'd say leave it be, and hit it with either a little shaving cream, or fog free, available from motorcycle shops. Sometimes it's best not to reinvent the wheel. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Forgot to mention in my last post, the plugs are totally different between heated and not heated, so your not only running wires, but adding wires with pins. Not a walk in the park. Again it can be done, but it's got to be worth it in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk