Hello

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff532003

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey guys just realized this place had one of these new people forums. I picked up my Expy about a week and a half ago and have been lurking getting lots of info and decided to register the other day.

Not always a "ford" guy but I really have always like the expeditions and my old ass ranger plow truck is still chugging away when a few of my chevy cars have died so I decided to cross over to the dark side :shakehead:
I picked up my girl from a small dealer for what I thought was a good price even though it needed a little work. It's a 98' with 115000 on the clock and the 4.6 which I kind of wanted for gas although it doesnt seem that much better. It's also an XLT which was definitely what I was looking for. No air ride crud for me and being from Massachusetts the leather is to cold in the winter and to hot in the summer. Whoever the original owner was took pretty good care of it. Interior is like new and it appears most service was done.

Its got some rust starting up in a few places mostly in the very rear frame and axle but nothing to bad. I picked up a few gallons of corroseal to nip that in the bud as soon as the weather gets a little nicer. I dont know if any of you have used this product but it works awesome at converting rust to melonite so it essentially can't rust again unles its hit or something and raw steal is reexposed. Its mostly used in industrial marine applications but you can find it online for home applications.

So far I've done front brakes.... what a b*tch that was. I went to school and worked as a tech for 6 years before I became and injection molding tech and I've never had a rotor that stuck on. Drivers side came off with some persuasion but I beat that passenger one so hard it looked like a taco haha. I was seriously about to just say to heck with it and go buy a whole new wheel hub when it finally cracked in half and came off and I was able to finish the job. Ive also done the EGR, PCV, cleaned up the throttle body, coolant flush, mobile 1 change, filters, new belt and tensioner and other basic tune up stuff. In the next few weeks I've got the parts to do plugs and wires... that looks like fun, new diff cover cause its pretty rusty, new track bar in the rear cause again it's rusted enough that its weak and not really repairable, new to me from the bone yard passenger front door cause it had a nice dent from where someone tagged it in the lot and it was cheaper to buy the new one rather than fix it. Got lucky and found the same color, trim and all locally for 150. Before I bought it someone had all new brake lines put in and new rear lower trailing arms. Thing I might eventually have to do tranny cooler lines as they look less than sturdy and i'm sure a few other things but yeah she runs like a top and I'm hoping she'll be around as long as that old ranger I have.

So yeah I'm sure you all will be seeing me around on here from time to time looking for info and helping out where I can. I'm also an avid motorcyclist so I spend a lot of time on those forum's as well.

Last edited:

ArtGamer60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sounds like you are well on your way , I am a newbie myself and a satisfied GM customer , mine needed a trans replacement , and it was owned by a girl , the trans replacement , I will just say that was fun , lols Welcome from a fellow newbie ! This is a good forum ...