HELP ME!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Langford

Reaction score
If you or mechanic suspect an intake leak, have the intake system fogged. Wherever the leak is, the smoke will come out of. These vehicles have a myriad of hoses. Trying to do it old school way is possible, but takes a long time. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

That's just what I did...Same symptoms on my 99 5.4...
Made up a smoke detector thing with a coffee can hoses a cigar, and cheap cigarette lighter tire pump...
Found my vacuum leak...
Bell connector just under the IAC which runs to the passenger side PCV...
Tool a piece of 3/8" hose, a 1/2" hose and a 5/8" hose and shoved then into each other...
Works but is temporary...
Picture is of the part I need...

bell-connector-under-IAC.jpg

OP
OP
T

The Laddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the ideas all. I made sure the fuel filter was correct when I installed it. I just replaced all 4 oxygen sensors, still is hesitant. I replaced all of the vacuum lines when I did the EGR stuff. Next step it looks like are the coil packs. I'll let y'all know what happens . ..

OP
OP
T

The Laddy

Reaction score
I just did the intake gaskets and made sure they didn't have any leaks. Which pcv hose? To the valve cover?