HELP ME!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Laddy

Reaction score
I recently bought an 02 Expedition under the pretenses that all it needed was new intake manifold gaskets. I changed them out, new plugs, new EGR valve, DPFE and EGR solenoid. Nothing stopped the engine from rough idle or hesitant acceleration. I even replaced the fuel filter, thinking it could be that simple of a fix. I'm at a loss for ideas and money, being a disabled Army Vet . . .

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you or mechanic suspect an intake leak, have the intake system fogged. Wherever the leak is, the smoke will come out of. These vehicles have a myriad of hoses. Trying to do it old school way is possible, but takes a long time. Let us know what you find.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Misfit

Reaction score
If you're a smoker or vaper, take the PCV hose off and blow into it..and look for smoke around the intake. it worked for me, when I had to replace my broken intake, it ran like absolute shit after.. come to find out, on those Dorman intakes, the PCV elbow snaps into the intake, and they do NOT include an o ring for it..which it needs, or you will have a vacuum leak and issues. So if that intake is not original, check that. even if it is original, check it anyway, PCV leak isn't uncommon.

Also, I didn't see new coils on that list, only plugs. That may be something to look into.

And, are you sure the fuel filter isn't backwards? Did you plug everything back in? If you left the MAF unplugged, it would also do this. Go back and double check all connections, just to rule that out.

Are there any codes coming up, CEL light on?

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
You could try spraying around intake, with carb cleaner or start fluid. If it is a vacuum leak, you will notice a change in RPM, at the leak.