Help ... What is this Cable???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Your truck so do what you like. I'd be a little spooked junking airbags... you know, the "just my luck" sort of thing. But paint it and put them back would be kind of cool. Does the spray on stuff come in colors? Be curious to see how it turns out.

Odd that here in New York, the second most fascist state of the Union, air bags are not required for the annual State inspection, and the car would pass with the airbag light on.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You should consider that the airbags already create significant insulation where they are rolled up. Ignore that area entirely. Mask it up entirely before spraying. If any of that spray insulation gets on the airbags, they will stick and won't unfurl. The trim pieces and headliner that normally cover them are for protection of the system and break away when the airbags unfurl. Don't gum those up or the airbags won't work.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RogerD

Reaction score
Your truck so do what you like. I'd be a little spooked junking airbags... you know, the "just my luck" sort of thing. But paint it and put them back would be kind of cool. Does the spray on stuff come in colors? Be curious to see how it turns out.

Odd that here in New York, the second most fascist state of the Union, air bags are not required for the annual State inspection, and the car would pass with the airbag light on.

LizardSkin use to be black. I think it only comes in white now and you can paint over it if you want it another color.

Most states are like that. You won't fail inspection if airbag light is on. Here in Florida there is no yearly inspection / emission test. They just check your vin against title or lien when you register it for the first time.

OP
OP
R

RogerD

Reaction score
You should consider that the airbags already create significant insulation where they are rolled up. Ignore that area entirely. Mask it up entirely before spraying. If any of that spray insulation gets on the airbags, they will stick and won't unfurl. The trim pieces and headliner that normally cover them are for protection of the system and break away when the airbags unfurl. Don't gum those up or the airbags won't work.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I will remove them before spraying the insulation. Trying to spray around them will be difficult.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you ever go into a pole or get hit in the side with a truck you’ll have wished those curtain airbags came down. Even in frontal collisions they keep your head away from glass and outside shrapnel. When your seat back breaks loose and your seat belt is rendered useless the only thing keeping your head inside the truck is that airbag.

Bunky

Reaction score
You realize, don't you, that you are messing with explosives, right? If the airbags are restricted with your lizardskin and polyiso (whatever that crap is) you're mucking with your life and whoever's in the XP with you. Definitely not a good idea. Just because you can remove them, doesn't mean that it's a good idea or that they will work PROPERLY and SAFELY when you try to put them back in. Yeah, I agree with ManUp, you're just going to hurt yourself one way or the other. And yep, I'll take that bet.

OP
OP
R

RogerD

Reaction score
You realize, don't you, that you are messing with explosives, right? If the airbags are restricted with your lizardskin and polyiso (whatever that crap is) you're mucking with your life and whoever's in the XP with you. Definitely not a good idea. Just because you can remove them, doesn't mean that it's a good idea or that they will work PROPERLY and SAFELY when you try to put them back in. Yeah, I agree with ManUp, you're just going to hurt yourself one way or the other. And yep, I'll take that bet.

If you don't know what lizardskin and polyiso is or know exactly what I'm doing. Saying it's definitely not a good idea is just your opinion, but you have no idea if there is any truth to it. Which there's not. The process to remove and put back in is very simple. It's impossible to not put them back in exactly as they were before taking out.