Help with 2nd Key FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skydiver

Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Expedition from a Chrysler Dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I paid for a 2nd key FOB. I live 3 hours away in Austin TX. The dealer said they would send me my 2nd FOB in the mail. I received a call from the contractor who was going to set the key setup but he is in the DFW area too...

Now I am going round and round trying to get hold of a manager to get the 2nd key FOB that I paid $500 for delivered and keyed to my truck without having to go to DFW

If I can get them to send me an unconfigured fob, is it possible for me to program what would be FOB #2 to my truck without going to dealer or locksmith?
I have Foracan with the write license and OBDB MX cable if necessary.

Bmac1955

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe should be able to program the fob. I found you tube quite helpful. Just recently moved from Leander. Worse part it was to Cali. Inlaw passed and now time to relocate again. Beautiful state Cali. But people such. Goodluck my friend. If your fob looks like this......you are good to go.16415055646527883963005250229380.jpg

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought a used 2019 Expedition from a Chrysler Dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I paid for a 2nd key FOB. I live 3 hours away in Austin TX. The dealer said they would send me my 2nd FOB in the mail. I received a call from the contractor who was going to set the key setup but he is in the DFW area too...

Now I am going round and round trying to get hold of a manager to get the 2nd key FOB that I paid $500 for delivered and keyed to my truck without having to go to DFW

If I can get them to send me an unconfigured fob, is it possible for me to program what would be FOB #2 to my truck without going to dealer or locksmith?
I have Foracan with the write license and OBDB MX cable if necessary.

I suggest calling around and seeing if a local dealer will take care of it. The Intelligent Access keys are a pain to reprogram and if it doesn't work, you risk making the vehicle inoperable. I called 8 dealerships in my area and the price ranged from $90 to $165. You can guess which one I went with.

OP
OP
S

skydiver

Reaction score
I ended up having them refund the key price. Anyone in central Texas that has a double that sells at a reasonable price?