Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
The plug was new as well as the coil..... could the plug have fouled out that quickly or could have it been faulty?

If it was running well, no it would not foul out that quickly.

With it running incorrectly due to faulty part yes it may. That's why I would read the plug. It may indicate what is happening. No guarantee though.

I agree with stamp. Swapping coils with another cylinder would be a easy way to determine if it follows the coil itself. Confirming it as the source or eliminating it from the equation.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2006fordexp

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice... swapped the coils error moved to cyl 5, and then chaged the cam shaft sensor because that error code popped up..... so with that being said check engine light went off and rode smoothly no rough idle no misfire. Keeping my fingers crossed.

timberwoof

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine is doing the same thing in Cylinder #6 as well. The Coil code came up so I moved the coil to another cylinder. Same Code same cylinder. Checked the plug and even switched the plug with another cylinder and again, same code same cylinder #6. I replaced the connector to that one coil and still same error code popping up. This morning I got into the vehicle and started it up cold. Engine light came on after being off for several weeks and the idle ran like total dog crap. I'm guessing it's going to be the same issue, I need to go grab a reader and find out. Next to pulling the harness and checking for a break in the wiring is there something else I need to look for? Is there a connection I'm missing from the PCM to the connectors on the COP's? Help please.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do a compression check, you might have a bad valve. Also make sure you have no vacuum leaks. Use a noid light make sure injector is firing on that cylinder. If everything checks out, you may have a bad injector on number 6. Been known to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk