High beams and rear wiper acting up...actually not acting at all.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murmaider2

Reaction score
Story time:
I found that the high beams and rear wiper on my 2001 Expy Eddie Bauer do not work. Being that the flash-to-pass high beams work (indicator on the dash lights up as well), and the rear washer works, I figured this might be a fuse/relay related issue. After checking all the fuses in the cab and under the engine, I found none that were blown. I didn't really care to check the relays, so I just replaced them all with new ones (don't judge me, they're cheap). However after all this, neither of the functions began to work. So I went about changing the rear wiper motor, which did nothing. Finally, hoping to fix both the wiper and the high beams, I replaced the entire turn signal switch (it was going bad anyways, the turn signals didn't wanna stay on). Again, nothing changed. I checked all the harnesses going into the switch, and to the rear wiper for any loose individual wires. I also have a new fusebox and a GEM module...and a new windshield >.>.... I am completely at a loss here, anyone know what else can be causing this?

B

bedrck46

The one thing that is common to both functions is the multi function switch and you say you changed that.

Did you change it with a new or used switch? And are you sure that you got the right switch?

OP
OP
M

murmaider2

Reaction score
The one thing that is common to both functions is the multi function switch and you say you changed that.

Did you change it with a new or used switch? And are you sure that you got the right switch?

Its a brand new Motorcraft part, it has a Ford logo on it. I matched the part number to Ford Parts website with my VIN.

B

bedrck46

I have seen fuses that look good just by looking at the I always check fuses with a good test meter also check the ones that are in the engine compartment for any signs of corrosion on the blades and the same for the ones under the dash

You next step would be to check for any loose grounds and for voltage to the switch

OP
OP
M

murmaider2

Reaction score
I have seen fuses that look good just by looking at the I always check fuses with a good test meter also check the ones that are in the engine compartment for any signs of corrosion on the blades and the same for the ones under the dash

You next step would be to check for any loose grounds and for voltage to the switch

I've been through both fuseboxes with a fuse tester. I can't find any diagrams for the wiring for these harnesses anywhere, so I don't know how I would do any voltage tests.

B

bedrck46

Hang in there and I will send you some prints will try to have them to you in the morning

B

bedrck46

headlight and wiper prints

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt