High beams + fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there any easy way on a 97 EB 4.6 to have the fog lights stay on with the high beams? I know they it is done this way for a reason, but there are times I am way out in the sticks, bad weather, offroading, etc. and the extra light right in front of the truck makes a big difference.

Thanks

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks! I tried using the search feature but I kept getting zero results.

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have the auto lamp feature so it looks like this may not work for me.

Also, I don't see anything about getting them to work with the high beams.

Last edited:
B

bedrck46

Let me check the wiring diagrams and I'll send you something to try You will have to remove the switch and put a jumper on the connectors If you never removed the switch there is a procedure on how to do it on youtube Has something to do with removing the inst. panel

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me check the wiring diagrams and I'll send you something to try You will have to remove the switch and put a jumper on the connectors If you never removed the switch there is a procedure on how to do it on youtube Has something to do with removing the inst. panel

Thanks, I have removed the switch before so I know the procedure, although it is still a pain for some reason. I always ending up having to nearly pry it out haha.

Thanks a lot.

IMINYOURCHAIR

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the switch is..unique.. in it's removal. you have to turn the headlights on, then pull the knob out (fog lights on) then pop the knob off and turn it 180 and re insert it then turn it off. it will actuate a retainer clip and release the switch assy. I was impressed with i when I found out ( i broke the face off of mine then pressed the latch with my finger.)

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the switch is..unique.. in it's removal. you have to turn the headlights on, then pull the knob out (fog lights on) then pop the knob off and turn it 180 and re insert it then turn it off. it will actuate a retainer clip and release the switch assy. I was impressed with i when I found out ( i broke the face off of mine then pressed the latch with my finger.)

Mine never seems to want to work right. I broke my original when I had to take apart the dash; I followed the procedure to the letter and the clips simply would not unlock. I replaced the switch (after I broke the original getting it out) and I went to take it out today and almost couldn't get it out, half of it was still stuck in there for a while, must be binding or something.

Very frustrating really.

OP
OP
K

kyle_in_rure

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wondering, has anybody had any experience with the high beam kits sold on ebay?