Homelink program problems 2010 Expy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bugbitten

Reaction score
My 2010 Expy EL and my new Overhead Door openers are not playing nice together.

Everything works up to the point where I press the "learn" button on my opener and press the Homelick button to broadcast the signal. I've tried both remotes and both of my garage doors. I've talked to Homelink, Ford, and Overhead Door. Everybody is scratching their heads.

The system works fine with my wife's 2006 auto with Homelink.

I took the Expy in to check the RF signal and the tech says it has a strong signal.

The radio light on the opener blinks when I use the remote, but not when I try to program it with the Expy.

Any ideas out there?

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Could it have anything to do with having two garage doors? Try unplugging one of the while programming the other so there is no confusion in the Homelink. Probably a stupid idea.... but still an idea.
If the truck is used, I would assume you already cleared out the programming from the previoius owner.

OP
OP
B

bugbitten

Reaction score
<<Could it have anything to do with having two garage doors? >>

Not according to Homelink.

<<Try unplugging one of the while programming the other so there is no confusion in the Homelink. Probably a stupid idea.... but still an idea.>>

Believe it or not - tried that!

<<If the truck is used, I would assume you already cleared out the programming from the previoius owner.>>

First thing I did.

Thanks for trying

rick chitown

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have same problem with my 2010 expy... haven't gotten it to work... I'll be following this thread closely!

OP
OP
B

bugbitten

Reaction score
Just talked to Homelink again. Lois said that the remote I have (Model OC2T-1 FCC ID B8Q 315390T) is known not to be compatible with the 2010 Ford.

She said to try a different remote.

She said Overhead and Genie Remotes have this issue.

I guess I will buy and try a remote from True Value.

OP
OP
B

bugbitten

Reaction score
What is really odd about this is the fact that the Expy Homelink used to open the old garage door opener that had a fixed dip-switch remote.

Is it possible that the new visor is NOT a rolling code visor?