Hood movments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

gural

Reaction score
i do not have a issulation pad
but it the future i will buy it or make a insulation of hood based on the aluminium mats

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i do not have a issulation pad
but it the future i will buy it or make a insulation of hood based on the aluminium mats
be careful, these engines run hot. adding anything in there could actually trap more heat in the engine bay. something that's radiant and reflective might be even works and reflect thermal energy back on the engine. I honestly wish these were designed with functional vents, I know it might look a little weird but that could actually even help with the vibration if done right.

ThunderbirdRider

Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this thread, I was about to post the same question. Picked up my 2018 Expedition in September and I have noticed a few times when doing 80 or higher the hood appears to be lifting. It is definitely somewhat un-nerving, and the first time I saw it I pulled over to check the hood was closed and latched completely! Glad to know it's something many of us have seen, and the hood is safe.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm glad I saw this thread, I was about to post the same question. Picked up my 2018 Expedition in September and I have noticed a few times when doing 80 or higher the hood appears to be lifting. It is definitely somewhat un-nerving, and the first time I saw it I pulled over to check the hood was closed and latched completely! Glad to know it's something many of us have seen, and the hood is safe.
I've found it does vary with wind, too. A 15mph wind in the 'wrong' direction seems to make it appear worse.

nema100

Reaction score
I had received a 2022 model as a loan when my 2019 went in for service. I noticed the 2022 didn't flop down the highway, so looked under the hood, and looks like plumbers putty-esh material is applied at certain areas. I have an insulation pad over mine and didn't want to chance ripping it just to see if these putty patches are there as well, I'm assuming not and it may be why the 2022 wasn't flopping. I'd be curious if that is the reason.

fordunderhood.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65