Hood movments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I notmally travel anywhere from 65 to 150 mph on the highway and have never felt or see any hood vibrations
That's pretty impressive that you can get your truck up to 150 mph.....does it have a flux capacitor and a Mr. Fusion?

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I notmally travel anywhere from 65 to 150 mph on the highway and have never felt or see any hood vibrations
Well, if you aren’t paying attention to how fast you are going, you aren’t likely to notice the hood movement.

OP
OP
G

gural

Reaction score
so today morning i have made some improvments

under the hood bumpers (those black rubber parts) i have putted 4 mm pads (like those you put under the chair legs)
and on the those bumpers on fender a made a one twist

effect - much lower vibration on the hood -> ever on 90 mph

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
huh I thought it was just mine, but yeah I've noticed a floppier than expected hood on my 2020.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have never felt or seen my hood vibrating on the highway going anwhere from 65 up to 90. I do know I have the under hood hood insulation pad. Do those that dont have this pad experience these issues ?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
150? just an fyi, most tires for these are rated for 110-130 at the top, I wouldn't want to be in this aluminum bubble when one of those shreds off the wheel.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
in relation to this post, I've posted video of it. mine worried me big time, the vibration was easily 2" up and down at 70mph with 40-50mph crosswinds. I was afraid the hood would break loose from the front hook. i could hear the extremely low pitched sound in the cabin, was like a giant woofer on the front of the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65