Horn quiet when panic button or lock button pusched 2x

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys had the same issue or knew anything about it. It seems like if i hit lock twice on my remote to confirm lock, the horn sounds very quietly sometimes. Also I hit the panic button yesterday and it just sounded like it was clicking the horn, but the lights were flashing. It seems like the longer I wait after the car is parked also the softer it gets. If I am driving and hit the horn, there is no problem sounds normal. Have any of you had this issue? My buddy who had the last year bronco, had a similar problem. Is it an easy fix? What needs to be fixed?
Thanks!

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any ideas guys, I see you looking and appreciate that but has anyone even had a similar problem? Thanks in advance.

trdragons44

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i had the same thing happen but i filled mine with mud while 4-wheelin.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This probably isn't it, but check all the connections going to it (ground and power). Make sure nothing is loose. I don't think this is it, since you say it works normal when you drive.

Is there any way you could check the voltage it's getting when running as well as when it's off? I don't know, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

2002EB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Mine has a similar issue. I do have a lock actuator bad. What happens when you have a door open? Do all all the power locks work?

Does the horn work normally from the steering wheel?

OP
OP
M

MaverikDS

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The connections seem fine, I don't really have a way to test the voltage but that might be good to look into.

Battery is almost new got it in January of this year. And everything else seems to be powered fine, no hesitation on start up or anything.

Locks work just fine, door open or closed all power. If using steering wheel and hitting for horn, it sounds at regular level.